WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.1.3 upgrade... (22 posts)

1. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

I did the Automatic upgrade and it seems to freeze up on do-core-update, anybody have the same problem or fix.

2. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

I signed in and out again, just to be sure. It worked. Sorry for the false alarm...

3. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

Maybe not so false because I now can't manually install my subscribe2 plugin. It comes up with a fatal error. 3.1.3 is running though.

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago #

Try:
    - switching to the Twenty Ten theme by renaming your current theme's folder in wp-content/themes using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.

- resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.

- re-uploading all files & folders - except the wp-content folder - from a fresh download of WordPress.

- re-running the upgrade manually using wp-admin/upgrade.php.

5. mattyrob
    Posted 3 years ago #

@brainjured,

This may be down to a permissions error on the plugins folder. Does the code tell you what the exact fatal error is? If so can you tell us.

6. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

Matt, no I can't tell you the exact fatal error, it was about a month ago. I wish I could remember. Wouldn't I get info from my scripts log file? I called my provider but they did not have a backup as far as I needed so I just deleted the plugin and reinstalled it.

7. mattyrob
    Posted 3 years ago #

@brainjured,

It sounds like a file in the upgrade got corrupted if there was a non-specific fatal error and it was resolved on re-installing. At least it's now sorted.

8. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

Matt,

Unfortunately, it still does not work. WP is up to date and my update manually says that i have the most recent update. A manual upgrade seems plausible now.

9. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

After trying to activate the plugin, I received this,

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: main(/blog/wp-content/plugins/subscribe2.php_/include/buttonsnap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /blog/wp-content/plugins/subscribe2.php_/subscribe2.php on line 56

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/blog/wp-content/plugins/subscribe2.php_/include/buttonsnap.php' (include_path='.:/include:/usr/lib/php') in /blog/wp-content/plugins/subscribe2.php_/subscribe2.php on line 56

10. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

this is the fatal error that I'm talking about. I forgot how to recreate it until I tried activating it again.

11. mattyrob
    Posted 3 years ago #

@brainjured,

Okay - take a minute and read the error message and it tells you the problem.

'No such file or directory' and the first names file is buttonsnap.php which is being looked for in '/blog/wp-content/plugins/subscribe2.php_/include/'.

The error is telling you that this file is not there. It needs to be.

Depending on how you install your plugins the issue could well be that you are not reading and following the upload instructions of you are installing manually via FTP or the upload is incomplete due to a software glitch.

If you installed using the WordPress administration area then the files are somehow corrupted, use FTP software to delete them - if you sue the administration area you will loose all of your settings and subscriber data. Then re-install.

12. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

I installed it by uploading the zip file. I did notice that subscribe2.php was missing too in the error message. Do I need to install a separate php file for subscribe2? Now to delete using the FTP software, just delete the plugin folder. I could also use the file manager through my host, right.

13. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

check that, the subscribe2 folder under the plugin directory.

14. mattyrob
    Posted 3 years ago #

@brainjured,

File Manager would work as well. Delete the subscribe2 folder from wp-content/plugins/ and then upload it in it's entirety from your local machine.

15. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

I bought HTML version, will it recognize that I did on the install.

16. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

ok, i'm activated now. I uploaded the HTML php file into the subscribe2 plugin folder. Now lets just change a few settings and I should be off, right.

17. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

I figured out why the fatal error came up. I uploaded the compressed folder in it's entirety, not the subdirectory, subscribe2, which had the correct php file in it.

18. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

It was done through the control panel's add new plugin feature. It would only select the entire compressed folder before extraction. After extracting it, I used an FTP program to place it where it belonged, .../wp-content/plugins/subscribe2.

19. brainjured
    Posted 3 years ago #

20. brainjured
    Posted 2 years ago #

Sorry Matt for acknowledging more corruption for my problem. It turned out that I forgot I was troubleshooting this problem with other ways to possibly fix it and changed the number of recipients to 1. I changed it back and it's running fine now. Thank you for the plugin and sorry for my absentmindedness sometimes.

21. brainjured
    Posted 2 years ago #

@mattyrob

I forgot that my file manager(I use Yahoo)won't go through with deleting the S2 directory. It even won't go through admin panel, which I just thought of you saying don't do that. Are they in "limbo" because I can activate/deactivate them but can not delete them? I renamed the directory and it still will not delete. So I only have S2 6.3html activated and 6.4 is deactivated. For 6.3 HTML to become activated, I uploaded the 6.3 HTML S2.php file to my s2 plugin folder

I also used the file manager to upload the .pdf but I had to collapse the spaces for the file to upload. I had the original file, with the spaces, tell me the same thing on my FTP program.

22. brainjured
    Posted 2 years ago #

@mattyrob

I called my host and got the directory situation fixed so I only have 1 s2 plugin, 6.3 HTML, active.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic