• deadlyhifi

(@tomdebruin)

After upgrade to 3.1.1 going to the network update on wp-admin/network causes a redirect loop.

In wp-config.php I have:
    define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.example.com' );

If I change it to:
    define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', example.com' );

It works, which I did to do the network upgrade. But then I noticed my permalinks weren’t working properly (a link to a post would take me to the front page). So I updated my permalinks and everything works properly. But because I’d edited my permalinks on the main site to not include ‘/blog’ at the start I needed to take that out again – which brings back the redirect loop.

So I’ve put the ‘www.’ back into the DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE which makes it work from the site users’ point of view but I can’t access my network admin.

I’m kinda going round in circles with this.

Some references:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/after-update-to-311-network-admin-ends-in-redirect-loop
    http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17090

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • lizardwebs

(@lizardwebs)

I was having the same issue. I did have domain mapping enabled and it was pointing from the IP to the domain name. Removed the domain mapping back to the IP for the default blog and it resolved the issue with no other apparent issues. It should resolve there anyway – not sure why or how I got that in there….

Creative Slice

(@creativeslice)

I’m having this exact same issue. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thread Starter deadlyhifi

(@tomdebruin)

At the moment I am just running it with no access to the network admin page – if I do need to get there I temporarily do the DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE switch.

Plans are afoot to change all URL references to their non www version which does appear to solve the problem – since the sandbox.example.com site we use for testing and has exactly the same setup does not have the problem.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘3.1.1 Network Admin redirect loop’ is closed to new replies.