WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.1 Not Stable - update_category_cache() Cache errors on depreciated function (9 posts)

1. AStafford
    Posted 3 years ago #

I first attempted to update from 3.0.5 to 3.1 via automatic update, and I have also create a fresh database table and wordpress installation.

I can see the WP-Admin pages and login to them and see the dashboard. But when attempting to browse the site, site doesnt load, waits for a few minute and then returns an error regarding a depreciated function called:

update_category_cache()

I have no problems getting the 3.0.5 installation to work and I have since reverted back to it. 3.1 seems to be problematic and should be pulled before too many people autoupdate.

(Windows IIS, WordPress 3.1, PHP 5.3.5)

2. belenenses
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi,

I also updated to 3.1 yesterday and have had constant problems today. Can you tell me how to go back to 3.0.5?

Thanks,

B

3. scythe944
    Posted 3 years ago #

I already explained how to go back to older versions several times today, so I'll just repost.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/31-looking-for-an-easy-way-to-revert-to-305?replies=3

4. belenenses
    Posted 3 years ago #

OK, sorry to have been a pain. Thanks for the link and the quick response. This is NOT my day job!

Cheers,

B

5. belenenses
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi,

Now I'm not happy! It looks really complex and I'm loosing confidence in WP - fancy upgrading something that's untested? Beggars belief!

Unbelievebale!

B

6. AStafford
    Posted 3 years ago #

Chrome did provide an error stating:
    Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Problems are plagueing everyone with 3.1 so don't get frustrated..

7. AStafford
    Posted 3 years ago #

You can always get previous version from the Release Archive lcoated here:
    http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/

8. belenenses
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi,

So what do I do with the Zip file for 3.05? If I save it [somewhere?] and upload it to where with my FTP?

Thanks

B

9. gpsinti
    Posted 2 years ago #

New install of WordPress 3.1 on Wamp
    Dashboard page littered with errors!
    This is a stable release?
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wordpress\wp-includes\class-simplepie.php on line 738

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic