• Resolved GlenT

(@glent)

Moderators, please don’t delete this post:

I’m on a deadline (tomorrow). Is it possible to delete all the files and restore an image of 3.0.5 from backup, but without changing the database (I don’t have an image of the database that is pre – 3.1). Will that work?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • yes i did same today

You really don’t have to do anything to the database at all.

You just have to follow the upgrade (manual instructions) steps 7-8, but use the old 3.0.5 zip file instead.

Instructions are here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress_Extended

Old versions are here:
    http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/

Basically, delete your wordpress files (except for the ones outlined by the Updating WordPress Extended instuctions (link above).

Then, upload version 3.0.5 and extract it. Visit your site and login, continue with the “database upgrade” even though it’s a downgrade.

That’s it!

get the previous version you were running, then unzip it … copy everything but the wp-content folder to where ever your WP folder/files are … and when you go to open your site-admin it may tell you it needs to do a database update click ok to that and bam every thing is back up and running.

good luck. I did exactly that after turning a few hairs gray and I got my wp back up. I hope this helps.

Thread Starter GlenT

(@glent)

get the previous version you were running, then unzip it … copy everything but the wp-content folder to where ever your WP folder/files are … and when you go to open your site-admin it may tell you it needs to do a database update click ok to that and bam every thing is back up and running.

This worked for me. Thank you VERY much to all three of you. I seem to have a working 3.0.5 system back.

Lesson learned… 😉

thanks

i spend like half an hour trying to backup everytihng

now i will never update to a wordpress version again

Thanks for this. Exactly what I needed to do as well.

swpnclr, you have saved the day! Thank you so much for putting this in simple words I could follow. Our site is back up and running! What a relief.

I won’t be upgrading again until I am SURE it is safe to do so!

stevek1ng

(@stevek1ng)

This post saved my life today. Thankyou

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘3.1 – Looking for an easy way to revert to 3.0.5’ is closed to new replies.