WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.1 Excerpt, Custom Fields, Author settings in Post missing on SOME themes (6 posts)

1. mckaymultimedia
    Posted 3 years ago #

I just upgraded several of my websites that are running wordpress to WordPress 3.1. Now when I go to create new Post or Edit an old Post, several Post settings have disappeared on most of these websites but not all of them. I am running different themes for different websites. For example I am running the News theme by DevPress on one website. I do not see any problems in the post settings on that website. On another website I am running the wpFolio by wpfeed.com. When adding or editing a Post on the site, the Post Settings, Excerpt, Send Trackbacks, Customer Fields, Discussion, and Author sections are missing below the Post content area. There are several other websites that I am operating that are also having this problem.

2. rikmulder
    Posted 3 years ago #

From the site: visit Screen Options in the top right to get old panels back

3. Jeff
    Posted 3 years ago #

That was a bad move as it is going to create a spike in support calls. What were they thinking? Show the great new features by whacking everyone's systems?

Thanks for pointing out the issue @rikmulder . At least I found this quickly and not because a client was calling me.

4. Michael Goitein
    Posted 3 years ago #

I'm using a WooTheme (Gazette), and their fields were visible, but nothing else.

This worked for me, as well, so I could finally see my custom fields again...

Thanks!

5. jpomfret
    Posted 3 years ago #

Phew, quick panic and then thought they surely wouldn't just get rid of these fields! Thanks guys :)

6. srirajan
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi rikmulder!

Thank you so much...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic