WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.1 date, author, category, comments (2 posts)

1. wp beginner
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hello,

WordPress is obviously an advanced platform. It's taking me a while to figure it out. Definitely some serious stuff going on.

WordPress started out as a blogging platform. People wanted a "newslike" look with an "author" and a "date the article was written".

But a lot of people are using WordPress for a NON-newslike website. They simply want a site that is dynamic and has a built-in search box.

That being said, it's pretty annoying for a non-blogger to be forced into having every post require an author, a date, comments and categories to be visible.

So why not just set up a static "page"? Because then you don't get the built in tagging features. Also, if you want to promote a new page on the home-page loop, I don't think a static page goes into the "here's a new page" loop.

It would be SOOOOOOOO great if the WP designers could design a "Twenty Eleven" theme with the date and author stuff stripped out.

Not hidden using CSS visibility:hiddden. I'm talking about completely gutted. Never existed, never will.

There are a LOT of people who keep asking how to do this. It should be a standard option.

2. esmi
    Theme Diva & Forum Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago #

Why not create a child theme that does just this?

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.