WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Pretty Link Lite
[resolved] 307 (Temporary) or 301 (Permanent) redirect? (5 posts)

1. and5rey
    Posted 1 year ago #

I've just installed the Pretty Links Lite plugin and I want to cloak my first affiliate link, but I'm not sure if I should use the 307 (Temporary) or 301 (Permanent) redirection type. What is the difference between 307 and 301?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pretty-link/

2. supercleanse
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Status 301 means that the resource (page) is moved permanently to a new location. The client/browser should not attempt to request the original location but use the new location from now on.

Status 307 (or 302) means that the resource is temporarily located somewhere else, and the client/browser should continue requesting the original url.

3. Felix201
    Posted 1 year ago #

I have also been confused by the difference between the temporary and permanent options, and I still am.

If I select temporary for a URL redirection, does that mean that it will expire and stop working?

If I select permanent, does that mean that I will be unable to change the target URL at some time in the future?

4. wordlove
    Posted 9 months ago #

I'm very confused about it too... What is better? Can you tell a example about the 301 and 307 doing pretty links?

5. cartpauj
    Plugin Author

Posted 9 months ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags