WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

BackWPup Free - WordPress Backup Plugin
[resolved] 3.0.3 Update is Missing - Returns 404 Error (26 posts)

1. SweetPweb
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi, I am trying to update the plugin and all paths seem to be broken and returning a 404 error. Here is the error message I get from my WP Plugin Update page and I also get a 404 from the top of this page as well for a manual update. http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/backwpup

Update Plugin

Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/backwpup.3.0.3.zip…

Download failed. Not Found

Great plugin by the way! Thanks for looking into it.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/backwpup/

2. RogerWheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same issue here. Lists an update as available, yet it's not there.

3. Inndesign
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same here, the 3.0.3 automatic update is not configured properly, it does not work. The update is also still missing the coveted SkyDrive support.

4. Adam
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same issue here: update to 3.0.3 is missing. Maybe that's why the update is missing... the author's making some corrections. :) Hopefully it's back up soon!

5. mrkingid
    Posted 1 year ago #

That happened last time too so i am sure it is on its way. :D

6. maximilian.speciani
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same...

Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/backwpup.3.0.3.zip…

Download failed. Not Found

7. Marcelo Pedra
    Posted 1 year ago #

Several hours passed and the download is still unavailable. What's wrong?

8. 1energy1
    Posted 1 year ago #

Updating Plugin BackWPup (1/1)

An error occurred while updating BackWPup: Download failed. Not Found.

9. danielmattoso
    Posted 1 year ago #

ReUpload PLUGIN please.... Link crash

10. halstat
    Posted 1 year ago #

Upgraded to 3.01 & 3.02 and neither did the job of backing up. Disabled the plugin and removed it and re-installed 2.1.11 which worked like a charm and did again after I re-installed it and re-entered my backup job parameters. If it's not broke......etc. Anyway, I'll probably stick with the old version until I find it doesn't work anymore.

11. smartbiz38129
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same here. Tried it within my blog and here. I tried the old version but it was REALLY slow so I completely ininstalled until I get the update.

12. Thiago Miro
    Posted 1 year ago #

The download link is wrong. This is the Correct:
    http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/backwpup.zip

It's the updated version.

13. Marcelo Pedra
    Posted 1 year ago #

thiagomiro: yep, that's the right version, but the author must reupload the file with the correct version number. Not everybody is able to download from here and upload manually.

14. nadworks
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same here:
    An error occurred while updating BackWPup: Download failed..

15. katootje
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hope this will really be fixed soon. All backups failed this night and I don't like to spend my weekend on manually upload it to every website I maintain

16. Daniel Hsken
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

i have reupöoaded the readme.txt now the update works again.

17. katootje
    Posted 1 year ago #

Daniel... you made my day. I have more than 80 websites to manage. Normally with ManageWP - but manually would take hours. Thanks for the quick respons. First one is updated and backup runned fine.

18. katootje
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Daniel.. I don't know where it goes wrong, but on some of the sites the upgrade fails, but it says that it's version 3.0.3. Starting a backup comes back with several errors, one of them is call to undefined method mysqli::get_charset and I'm unable to send a test e-mail. Everything was working perfectly till the updates started in the beginning of the week.

Updates with problems have less options to send the backup to. Good updates have 8 options, bad updates have only 5. In this cases I deleted the complete BackWPup folder on the server and uploaded the fresh downloaded backWPup folder. But that doesn't help. SOmething in this installs changed and I can't figure out what, but they don't work anymore.

19. RogerWheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

Oh my goodness! Backup went through and I NEVER clicked the update.

20. RogerWheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

Also... Broken????

"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

when I try to setup using a logged in account with Administrator level rights.

21. Daniel Hsken
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

@katootje: is that realy a 3.0.3 wher you bacame undefined method mysqli::get_charset? BAckup to Options disapers when the PHP Version is mostly under 5.3.2.

@RogerWheatley: Only on the BackWPup pages? Did you have a plugin for user rights installed ?

22. katootje
    Posted 1 year ago #

@Daniel. I don't know for sure. Had a lot of errorlogs this morning. I updated the plugin with ManageWP and the e-mail functions was apparently switch off after the update. Then i noticed that there was a new update. Updated almost all the site now (89) and some give some trouble. I will check the php version on that sites' servers. Come back to you.

At least one site with this mysql message is running on 5.2 Switching to 5.3 or even 5.4 gives a database connection error. Sounds familiar? Just send an email to the provider for help.

23. RogerWheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

Also, the upload to Dropbox feature is now broken!
    Even though the app is authorized on Dropbox and the plugin does initiate an upload, it just keeps timing out.

One site I have no access permissions (and there are no user rights plugins or anything in use), the other site, backups simply don't complete (because upload to Dropbox appears broken). EDIT: Found out, not to use links in dashboard toolbar, instead use links in left side admin to drill down and get access.

Installed and tried on a third site and the same issue - No backup is actually created.

Personal opinion: Wishing this plugin would have been left in a working state. It's not ready for production - Any way we can downgrade the plugin to the working 2.x version (because simply deleting and reinstalling to the older version does not work, as all the settings are still stored in the database). Any script to remove all the BackUpWP settings from the database?

24. RogerWheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

@Daniel Huesken - Thanks. No, no user rights plugin installed. I notice if I click the link in the dashboard toolbar this happens. If I drill through the left side admin navigation, I can eventually get settings. (But then backups don't get saved anyway).

25. Gart
    Posted 1 year ago #

I have been receiving the (same) message below again and again in the past two days—almost a hundred times to be precise! Is there anything one can do to stop it?

On 2013-03-02 10:26, WordPress wrote:

Howdy!

Automatic Updater just ran on your site, http://www.stopthewarondrugs.org, with the following result:

We found a plugin upgrade!

BackWPup: Successfully upgraded from version 3.0.2 to 3.0.3!

Plugin authors depend on your feedback to make their plugins better, and the WordPress community depends on plugin ratings for checking the quality of a plugin. If you have a couple of minutes, click on the plugin names above, and leave a Compatibility Vote or a Rating!

Thanks for using the Automatic Updater plugin!

26. RogerWheatley
    Posted 1 year ago #

@Gart

This has been fixed, refresh your browser as the pluging is also now at 3.0.4 - but backups to Dropbox are still now so very broken :(

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic