Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hi guys, I have been a follower of WordPress for some years and switched over to it when i found it was easy to use. Since i first started using it I found that upload and download speeds were affected either by the amount of different plugins. Having said tis I also found that my speed was affected each time I upgraded. I enjoy using the features and I am extremely reluctant to change to another programmer. I have been running multiple blogs on my website due to various interests. We are a knowledge based organisation that is not for profit and may be found at http://www.abalinx.com I have a friend who understands PHP and does the hard behind the scenes work. In fact we do not make any money from the website as it is more information based than anything else. Apologies for the purists, and for this long message, however i really need some help in understanding what it is that I am doing wrong and why my website has slowed to a real crawl. If any one can help me out it would be most appreciated. I have upgraded to WordPress 3.01 If any can help out I may also be reached at abalinx@netspace.net.au Thank you in anticipation for any any support that you may have to offer. Regards Peter Adamis, Melbourne Australia

Try increasing the available memory
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/253495#post-1017842

Try and play around with different catching programs some do diferent things like only catching pictures or files some catch all files folders etc if this is goo with your hosting provider it will actually cut bandwith usage.

I am experiencing similar problems, although perhaps not as severe. (cosmaprof.net)
    For some reason it takes a good 20 seconds before any of the browsers I have used start loading the page. It seems it’s waiting this long for the request and than the page just “boom” suddenly appears in a matter of seconds.

However, (now comes the kick) this only happens when I am logged in. If I am logged out everything seems to load very fast indeed.

Any idea what the root of this problem and how I can resolve this. I mean my website is designed to let people register and subsequently have to login to leave comments and such.

If it is so, try to degrade back to WordPress 3.0. This may solve the problem. If you donot wish to degrade, you can use some cache plugins.

Thanks

I have the excact same issue. Since degrading back to 3.0 everything is snappy again.
    Would be nice to know if there is someone looking into this. I would love to help fix it.

Same issue here. Don’t know how to degrade to WordPress 3.0 and worried I’ll mess up the entire site if I try.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0.1 slow’ is closed to new replies.