WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

301 redirects (4 posts)

1. jrcollins
    Posted 5 months ago #

I noticed when analyzing the url structure of my website that there are a couple of 301 redirects I wasn't aware of. I'm not even sure how they got there in the first place but I presume it must have been when I deleted and then reinstated a post. Given that I only have a small number of total pages could this be having a negative impact on my rankings? Is it possible to remove the redirect, and if so, how?

2. ClaytonJames
    Posted 5 months ago #

There just isn't enough information in your question to elicit an informed response. If you detail a little info about the URL's returning 301's, maybe someone will get a chance to take a look at your server responses and see if they can tell what might be happening.

3. jrcollins
    Posted 5 months ago #

There are 2 urls on my website which have a 301 redirect applied to them. I just checked again and saw that each of the redirected urls is missing a trailing slash and is being redirected to one with a trailing slash.

4. ClaytonJames
    Posted 5 months ago #

No one has a clue what URL's you're talking about. You are the only one who can see them, unless you share a link to the problem.

You must log in to post.

About this Topic