WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.0-RC2 custom menu disappears (7 posts)

1. GM_
    Posted 4 years ago #

Howdy Folks,

tryin' to use a custom menu with 2 levels on supported theme 'widescreen' (Graph Paper Press) but:

Whenever I set up the custom menu with several categories and pages the menu works and shows up fine in frontend for only a few minutes?!

After that all menu items except one disappear and the backend menu tells me 'Object ID not found'...

A clou anyone? Thank you!

2. GM_
    Posted 4 years ago #

Anyone?

3. GM_
    Posted 4 years ago #

Bump ...

4. c0nc3pt.SF
    Posted 4 years ago #

I am having a similar issue, except the backend doesn't say Object ID not found. It worked for about 5 minutes, then just disappeared on me. Here is my code:

add_action( 'init', 'register_my_menus' );
    function register_my_menus() {
    	register_nav_menus(
    		array(
    			'top-nav' => 'Top Menu',
    			'game-nav' => 'Game Menu'
    		)
    	);
    }

And this is how I am calling the menus:

<?php wp_nav_menu('theme_location=top-nav&container_class=top_nav'); ?>

When I check it out through firebug I can see that the div and ul get rendered, but the menu items are missing. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

5. c0nc3pt.SF
    Posted 4 years ago #

Ok, I just made a discovery. If I hit any of my posts the navigation menus show. Now I'm very confused.

*edit - It also doesn't work when I'm browsing category pages.

6. c0nc3pt.SF
    Posted 4 years ago #

So I figured out what is causing the items to disappear. I have a filter so that my home loop and category pages loop through my custom post types as well. When I disable that filter menus work fine. I'm trying to find a work around to have both work but having no luck. Any suggestions?

7. c0nc3pt.SF
    Posted 4 years ago #

I was able to figure out a work around. Removed the filter from functions.php and added it directly to the template pages that need it.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic