WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.0 - New Post screen layout not being saved (12 posts)

1. Mosher
    Posted 4 years ago #

The first issue I noticed is that all of my tools on my New Post screen had been spread all over the place and I had to reorganise them. I swear I had this problem with an earlier release, too. Annoyingly, though, WP isn't remembering them so every time I go to add a new post the controls aren't where I want them to be.

Anyone else with this issue?

2. Mosher
    Posted 4 years ago #

Tested on two different blogs both updated to WP3.0, both have the same issue.

3. Mosher
    Posted 4 years ago #

Deactivated plug-ins and it's still the same. As soon as I publish a post and the screen refreshes, all the widgets have been moved back to where they were - very annoying.

My dashboard was similarly "adjusted" when I first upgraded, but after rearranging everything there, the locations have been remembered and not changed since.

4. Mosher
    Posted 4 years ago #

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on Windows XP if that's any help. Anyone? Surely I'm not the only person getting this problem?

5. Seanmcn
    Posted 4 years ago #

Im having the exact same problem, also using Google Chrome, but on Windows 7.. :|

6. Mosher
    Posted 4 years ago #

Still having this problem myself - no joy finding anyone else :(

7. bestofnj
    Posted 4 years ago #

Same problem here on Windows Vista with IE 8.

8. Mosher
    Posted 4 years ago #

Upgraded to 3.01 - no change.

I've even gone as far as uninstalling some plug-ins rather than just disabling them. No joy.

9. jill_7000
    Posted 3 years ago #

I'm having this problem. It's really annoying. Firefox on OSX

10. Mosher
    Posted 3 years ago #

It's a Zemanta issue (or at least is in my case, and some others'):

http://getsatisfaction.com/zemanta/topics/zemanta_messes_up_wordpress_org_write_page_even_after_uninstall

11. jill_7000
    Posted 3 years ago #

I'm pretty sure it's plugin related. I don't have Zemanta or other plugins mentioned in other posts that caused the same issues.

So, rather than disabling one plugin at a time, I found a work-around:

1. Deactivate ALL plugins
    2. Re-arrange the layout to the one you want. If it's plugin related like my case, this time the new layout WILL save.
    3. Re-activate ALL plugins.

The drawback is that some plugins will require you to redo the settings again, but that's worth the price for me. I don't have to scroll a billions line down just to hit "Save Draft" now. Yay!

12. Mosher
    Posted 3 years ago #

Checking the post linked above, Zemanta causes the problem to remain even *after* you deactivate/uninstall it. One poster on that forum has detailed how to get around this.

I'm assuming my version of the problem is therefore Zemanta-related as I do use it. Love the thing, and I'm "used" to the problem now, but I'll be *so* happy when they fix it!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic