• Hi everyone, I just upgraded to 3.0 and for the first time ever since using WordPress I got the following message after the upgrade:

“Database Upgrade Required
    WordPress has been updated! Before we send you on your way, we have to upgrade your database to the newest version.
    The upgrade process may take a little while, so please be patient.
    Upgrade Database Now”

What the heck does this mean? I had updated everything before doing the upgrade–including my plugins–and backed up my site. Does anyone have any solutions? I found this link http://www.clickonf5.org/wordpress/solution-database-upgrade-required/2247, but several people have commented that the solution didn’t work for them, so I’m afraid to try it. Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

This means that WordPress needs to update your database.

This is pretty common and, if you have a database backup, you have nothing to fear 🙂

hey ipstenu! i have the same problem here.

how much time does this database need to upgrade? I have a blog with about 2.000 posts.

I only get this blank page with the wordpress logo on it, no progress bar or anything else, should i wait or there is a problem?

What can i do? It’s a pitty it’s not anymore the update an easy-click away from us.

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

The upgrade only takes a few seconds. If you view your blog or the admin panel after clicking the button, does everything appear to be fine?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0 Database Upgrade Required Message??!!’ is closed to new replies.