WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.0 Dashboard not showing up (9 posts)

1. imagardener
    Posted 4 years ago #

I built a temporary blog to try 3.0 version out and see how to utilize the new features...

However, the dashboard looks just like the old version and there doesn't seem to be a way to activate a 3.0 dashboard version.

What do I need to edit or click to make the 3.0 dashboard appear?

2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 4 years ago #

The default dashboard isn't that different in 3.0. You don't need to edit or click anything.

3. imagardener
    Posted 4 years ago #

Thanks, I hadn't realized that.
    I was expecting a dashboard something like they wordpress.com blog manager has.

So how do you create and manage multiple blogs under one account in 3.0?

4. justinlong
    Posted 4 years ago #

Oddly, I have two different websites and I have installed WordPress 3.0 on both. One I did manually and the other I did as an automatic upgrade. On the one I did manually, the desktop colors didn't change at all (dark blue at the top). On the one that was automatic, the desktop color theme changed to a light grey. When I did the manual update I deleted all the files (except those in wp-content) first, and then copied the new files in. Any suggestions? Everything else is working perfectly, so it's a minor annoyance.

5. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 4 years ago #

Change the Admin color scheme in your Profile.

6. rscully
    Posted 4 years ago #

I have the same question iamagardener has. The video showed new items in the dashboard navigation (Products for exmple), and so I assumed there was more. I also can't figure how to manage multiple blogs. I created a clean install in order to check out this feature, but after about 45 mins I'll be darned if I can figure it out.

7. justinlong
    Posted 4 years ago #

Duhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for the hammer upside the head.

8. imagardener
    Posted 4 years ago #

According to this codex page, in order to have multiple blogs you need to activate a 'Network'

http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

In order to active the 'Network' you have to edit a piece of code in the wp-config.php file.
    I have tried this and I cannot get it to work and my blog is totally down. It keeps giving me an error page and I cannot get into my control panel.

I would greatly appreciate if someone would post a copy of the edited wp-config.php fragment with more than just the edit line, so I will know what a chunk of the script looks like after editing and what I'm doing wrong. Apparently there are characters that need to be added or deleted and I don't know which ones that is.

9. imagardener
    Posted 4 years ago #

I figured it out

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.