WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress Popular Posts
3 Things Wrong with the Popular Posts Plugin (2 posts)

1. johnnydugs
    Posted 2 years ago #

A few notes on changes that I think should be made to this plugin:

1. Allowing HTML in the "Content Format" box would make the plugin much more flexible in terms of presentation. For instance, I could wrap my title and summary inside of a div, then wrap the image inside of another div
    2. Forcing the user to specify a width and height on the post thumbnail is not a good idea. This should be done with CSS. Furthermore, it prevents plugin users from creating fluid images for a responsive design.
    3. Allowing users to change/specify classes to be used on all of the "formatting tags" would be a great benefit. It will make it easier for designers working with large stylesheets.

That said, it's a good plugin. These few changes would make it a great (5-star) plugin.

2. Héctor Cabrera
    Plugin Author

Posted 2 years ago #

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your suggestions. It's been quite sometime since I last took a look at the support forum, however I'm planning to resume the maintenance of my plugin and (hopefully) keep improving it.

Will take this into consideration on a future release of my plugin. There's a lot that need some work and it'll sure take me some time to re-learn how my own plugin works hehe.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic