• Resolved mcshanecomm

(@mcshanecomm)

I need to set up 3 different modals on 3 corresponding pages (one modal per page, per session), but only one of the modal works, seems to be the last modal I set up.

Settings I have are:
    Show once per session
    Page ID where I want to show, and all the IDs where I don’t want to show
    Remember cookies 1 day
    Activated
    Etc

I initially tested one until it did what I wanted it to, but when I created the other two, only one will work, even though the settings are correct and activated on the other two.

I was able to reset my browser cookies and get it to show up again when testing, so I don’t know what is the error now.

Can I not have 3 separate modals? I need each modal to load on its corresponding page on every session, independent from the other two modals.

My site is password protected, under development, so sadly I can’t provide a live link.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Really liked this plugin and how I’m so close to making it do exactly what I need, for a demanding client. 🙁 Don’t want to ditch it and start over.

Thanks!
    Maria

https://wordpress.org/plugins/modal-dialog/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Author Yannick Lefebvre

(@jackdewey)

Have you tried selecting which dialog to show on the page editor for the three specific pages instead?

Thread Starter mcshanecomm

(@mcshanecomm)

I didn’t even know about that option! I selected each modal on each page editor and now all 3 load but not on the same session as needed. Once one loads, the other two do not, on the same session.

Should I try the manual cookies settings?

Thank you!
    Maria

Plugin Author Yannick Lefebvre

(@jackdewey)

If you want all three to appear in the same session, then you should make sure that they use different cookie names. You want all three of them to appear once in a session, right?

(@mcshanecomm)

Yes, I do! I see. So, each cookie name can be changed to whatever I want on the settings page, with no back-end code changes needed?

(@mcshanecomm)

This worked. Thank you!! Well, another user not reading the instructions probably? 🙁 Hehe. Thank you! Rating this 5 stars now! 🙂

(@jackdewey)

That’s right.

(@jackdewey)

I cannot say that my plugins are always the easiest to configure, but they are usually quite versatile to use. Please mark the issue as resolved.

(@mcshanecomm)

Lovely. Thanks so much!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘3 modals on 3 diff pages & only 1 works :(’ is closed to new replies.