• As I’m learning…

1. In the Menu, primary About and several sub items. Ideally a click on About goes right to the first sub. Simply no stuff on an About page.

2. In a Footer Columns Text and Image caption how to edit in color, bold, etc?

3. Tutorial to set up Woocommerce…Shop, Cart… ?? I already have PayPal and Global so hopefully no problems.

So GREAT for Virtue Premium and your support!!
    thanks,
    wade

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hannah

(@hannahritner)

1. Not sure I understand. Can you post a link?

2. The footer titles pull from your H3 font and the footer body pulls from your body font. If you only want to customize the footer fonts and not your entire site you can use this-just paste it into your custom css box in theme options.
    This for the titles:

#containerfooter h3 {
    font-family: Handlee;
    }

And this for the body font:

#containerfooter {
    font-family: Judson;
    }

What image captions are you referring to? Again, can you post a link?

3. Here’s a tutorial on installing woocommerce: http://www.kadencethemes.com/installing-woocommerce-for-virtue-theme/
    There are tons of videos on woocommerce out there. I would just you-tube what you’re looking for.

Hope this helps!
    Hannah

Thread Starter WadeKeller

(@wadekeller)

Thanks Hannah but I still haven’t figured it out.
    How do I fix it so when click the Primary Menu About goes right to the first sub item?
    I guess I need step one, step two…..

hannah

(@hannahritner)

You can customize the navigation label to say whatever you’d like. For instance, if you want people to click the About tab and be taken to your Contact page then make the menu item your contact page and set the navigation label to about. This is all done in appearance > menus.
    Hope this makes sense!

Thread Starter WadeKeller

(@wadekeller)

But….I follow your steps and missing something.
    My object is to click on Primary (About here) and take us to one of About’s Sub Menu. About is the Parent.
    When I follow your steps I no longer have that particular sub listed under the Primary.

I guess could have two copies of the page…..one treated as the Parent named About (along with the navigation label) and another copy a Sub of the parent.

But there must be a simple way rather than two copies. Right?

Two menu items is the simple way. Just add one for the parent and one for the sub, you can retitle to whatever you want.

Kadence Themes

In “appearance –> menus” you should add a link to your menu instead of adding a page, and then just rename the “parent-link” to whatever name you want displayed on your page (About).

So to clearify: add two identical links to your menu, give them different names (labels), and make one of them parent.

Jay

(@cotswoldwebdesign)

@wadekeller Surely you just need to change the slug for the about page to the sub menu page slug.

WadeKeller, Hello,

I believe the answer to #1 that you are looking for is this:

Go to Appearance > Menus,
    Create a Custom Link with the URL as – javascript: void(0);
    Name the link “About”
    Add it to the menu you want to use.
    Then add the actual pages / sub-page links under that as child items.

Then in your Appearance > Theme options > Advanced Settings > CSS
    add this:

#menu-category-menu {
       cursor: pointer;
    }

Am I right?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘3 little Qs’ is closed to new replies.