• I don’t have WordPress installed…I just use the web interface. I do have the CSS upgrade, however. I use the FULL FRAME template. Here’s my site:

mariannavigliotti.com

Here are my questions:

1. How do I make the logo (gold signature) larger? The actual image is 3500×1685 pixels. I’d like it to be 2 or 3 times larger than it displays currently. Would I have to increase the header size as well?

2. On my pages, there is a white box that appears whether I enter text or not. I would like to remove or make this white box invisible, since I intend to add all text directly onto my featured images using Photoshop.

3. If you look at my main page, there is a header, underneath which is a bit of the back ground, underneath which is the featured image. Is there any way to move the featured image up so it lies flush with the header?

Thanks so much, and let me know if any clarification is needed!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hello Robertobrienfilm,

1. Looking at the element of your page it seems that the issue is with your navigation bar, not your logo. Your div for the nav bar calls for it to take up 90% of the header. Lowering that percentage should free up your logo to expand.

2. In the case of most themes the body or wrapper colors is controlled in the globals section of the stylesheet. At the moment your wrapper is set using rgb(red, green, blue) 255, 255, 255. That is white. Using the same system you can choose a new color, or simply type “transparent” in the place of the rgb numbers.

3. On your front page it seems that your front page template calls for a 210px padding at the top of your front page body. Lowing that number should bring your image higher on the page. I want to say that setting it to zero will do the trick, but I fear that might put your image behind your header. Give a whirl.

Let me know if that helped.

Bradford

Thread Starter robertobrienfilm

(@robertobrienfilm)

Thanks, that seems sensible. Would you happen to know the coding for how I would make these changes in CSS? I’m a newbie unfortunately and so far my efforts to implement your suggestions have been unsuccessful.

Thanks!

1. starting on line 1088 of you stylesheet it reads,
    .home.page .site-nav {
    width: 90%;
    padding: 0 5%;
    }

Try changing the width of this to a lower percentage. Perhaps,
    .home.page .site-nav {
    width: 60%;
    padding: 0 5%;
    }
    the code for your logo is set to spread to 100% width meaning that it will resize to all of the area left for it, in this case, the remaining 10% remaining in the nav bar.

Andrew Nevins

(@anevins)

WCLDN 2018 Contributor | Volunteer support

@bradford_rourke, You might as well suggest doing that in a Custom CSS plugin so the guy doesn’t lose his changes when the theme updates.

2. Starting on line 1671 of your stylesheet it reads,

.single .entry-inner,
    body.page .entry-inner,
    body.search .entry-wrap {
    margin: -5em auto 2em;
    background: #fff;
    position: relative;
    padding: 50px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 8px 6px rgba(0,0,0,.1);
    }

Try this change and see how it works for you.

.single .entry-inner,
    body.page .entry-inner,
    body.search .entry-wrap {
    margin: -5em auto 2em;
    background: transparent;
    position: relative;
    padding: 50px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 8px 6px rgba(0,0,0,.1);
    }
    Also, make sure that you’re using a child theme before you change any of this code, otherwise all of your changes will revert back to default when the theme updates.

Thanks Andrew I was just thinking that.

3. Starting on line 1651 it reads,

.single h1.entry-title,
    body.page h1.entry-title,
    body.page .page-title,
    body.search .page-title {
    padding-top: 210px;
    width: 80%;
    max-width: 800px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    text-align: center;
    }

Try changing the “padding-top” to a lower number. I want to say zero but I worry that might not be right. You have to try and see what it does. It would look like this
    .single h1.entry-title,
    body.page h1.entry-title,
    body.page .page-title,
    body.search .page-title {
    padding-top: 0;
    width: 80%;
    max-width: 800px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    text-align: center;
    }

I don’t have WordPress installed…I just use the web interface. I do have the CSS upgrade

This is something you should ask at the wp.com support site. This forum deals with wp.org self hosted sites.

Andrew Nevins

(@anevins)

WCLDN 2018 Contributor | Volunteer support

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘3 Issues…Help Please :)’ is closed to new replies.