WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3 domains linked together (8 posts)

1. toniacast82
    Posted 1 year ago #

hi all,

I have been trying to search for this info but I couldn't find anything specific here. I would like someone to give me a detailed explanation on how I can do this. I have three domains for the same topic, the difference is the language: one is in italian, one in english and another in spanish. I have already created the italian site. Now, I want to have the same format for the english and spanish version. How can I do that? Also, I want to link these sites together (with flags for example).
    Please bare with me, I am not an expert.
    Thank you so much

2. Install WordPress on a 'main' domain. Doesn't really matter which but pick your native language or the primary language for simplicities sake. Activate Multisite. Make subsites for the other languages. Install domain mapping. Map domains.

3. toniacast82
    Posted 1 year ago #

I have already other two domains. They are different from the 'main one' and totally independent. Imagine is is something like viaggi.it, travel.com, viajes.es. The only thing is that the topic is the same but in different languages and they have to be linked by country flags. Is the process you have described above the same for my case as well? Thank you

4. If you want to use Multisite, they won't be 'totally independent,' which is the point of Multisite. Mostly independent.

The following is shared on a Multisite Network:

Potential Userbase
    Potential plugins
    Potential themes
    Core WP.

The following is NOT shared:

Acutal users added to site
    Plugins used (except for network plugins)
    Theme used
    Content

5. toniacast82
    Posted 1 year ago #

So, in my case, what do you suggest me to do. I just need to create three sites with totally different domains and different languages. I would actually like to copy the theme and then translate the content in the other two languages. Do you suggest me just to create three different sites and then link them together via country flag? Is there a plugin for that? (I couldn't find any to connect three different sites). Thank you

6. I think Multisite can be fine for this. You install it, make sites for your other languages, activate the same theme, and off you go.

The country flag would just be a menu with icons, really.

7. toniacast82
    Posted 1 year ago #

And if i just create different websites indipendent from each other and link them with country flags? Thanks

8. That works fine :) That can still be done with Multisite if you want.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic