WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3 column custom format dilemna. Need special fields in sidebars (1 post)

1. tngraphix
    Posted 6 years ago #

Hi I need help with css/worpress theme. I want to create a newsletter in wordpress for SEO and content management reasons (already exists in html/css format but is updated manually..such a pain). I have changed many templates in wordpress and am somewhat familiar with css. The issue I run into is I have a 3 column layout. The newsletter is archived by month. The main content is in column number 2 but column number 1 and 3 have standard components (i.e: subscribe box, archive links) but also components that need to change per issue (monthly issues have polls, in this issue menu and anchor text, etc). I may be overthinking (usually do...) but what is the best way to go about this so that when the archives are clicked or searched, the visitor gets the appropriate column 1 and 3 contents pertaining to the archived issue? Most templates I have run into have column 1 & 3 standard and the center column 2 content is what changes (usually the article or main content). This has been racking my brain for some time. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks,

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic