WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.9 Crashed the Site (1 post)

1. smeharbinger
    Posted 4 years ago #

I edit for a high school publication, the Harbinger. Over winter break, we upgraded to WordPress 2.9 from WordPress 2.8.6.

However, when we upgraded, our entire database crashed. All of our posts, pages, comments, and media library disappeared from the Administrator dashboard. The sidebars were cleared as well. The plug-ins weren't deleted, but some were deactivated and non-functional.

The only solution that I am currently considering, as an archived suggestion from the forum, is downgrading. However, I've read that this may not work, and it may make the site vulnerable to hackers.

Our database is saved. All of our media is still in BlueHost, Our domain/server. However, I'm not sure how to re-define our old posts and pages with the content that we formerly had.

My question is, how can I re-format the site to function properly? It doesn't matter to me if it's 2.9 or 2.8.6, what's important is the content's availability and appearance. If downgrading is the best option, what is the best way to do that? I can redo the sidebars as well, since I'm sure that widget data isn't available. But our site has been done for nearly a week now, and it needs to relaunch soon.

Thank you for your time.
    Our Web site

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic