WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.8.3 upgrade problem (6 posts)

1. Trevor Jacques
    Posted 4 years ago #

Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.8.3.zip.

Unpacking the update.

Warning: ftp_mkdir() [function.ftp-mkdir]: "/" is current directory. in /Library/WebServer/com.CyberSurveys-Inc/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php on line 240
    Could not create directory: /com.CyberSurveys-Inc/wp-content/upgrade/wordpress-2.8.3/wordpress/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wpgallery/img

Installation Failed

:-(

2. mrmist
    Forum Janitor
    Posted 4 years ago #

What happens if you disable plugins before the upgrade?

To be honest if the auto-upgrade doesn't work the easiest thing to to is just do a manual upgrade instead.

3. gnshah
    Posted 4 years ago #

I upgraded but after that website has gone slow at first i thought i was advertising modules which i have used but but no it happened right after upgrade is there any way I can revert back to 2.8.2 version

4. mrmist
    Forum Janitor
    Posted 4 years ago #

The changes in 2.8.3 are very unlikely to have made your site slower. It's probably something else. Try turning off plugins and seeing what happens.

5. elementalgrace
    Posted 4 years ago #

gnshah, That's really weird, exactly the same thing has happened to me. I host my own static site on the same webspace and there's no problem with that going slow and my host tells me that there is no problem with the hosting. It was fine pre-upgrade and since upgrading, it would lose a race against a tortoise with no legs, it's so slow. Let me know if you find any answers.

6. starapple
    Posted 4 years ago #

I host with GoDaddy and my users have complained about speed since the 2.8 upgrades.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags