• A little while back, I did and auto upgrade from 2.7.1 to 2.8.
    From that time I had the following issue but could not downgrade and decided to wait to see if others had the same problem, as yet, I don’t see it.

When I start a new post or edit an exisiting post, some of the functions are not working.
    Functions that d not work include:

1. Status: Published Edit, points to /wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=1196#post_status but nothing happens when clicked
    2. Visibility: Public Edit, points to /wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=1196#visibility but nothing happens when clicked
    3. Published on: Date Edit points to /wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=1196#edit_timestampto but nothing happens when clicked
    4. NONE of the function boxes expands or contracts
    5. The MOST USED tab in Catergories can not be selected, it points to /wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=1196#categories-pop
    6. Add new Catergory does not work
    7. Post New Tags does not work, if I enter text and press ADD, nothing happens.

I have disabled ALL plugins and still it does not work.

I checked another site I run which is built on 2.7.1 and all these functions work.
    There are a large number of files in the /wp-admin which have changed bwteen versions, I even backup the 2.8.1 version and copied over a working 2.7.1 version, but that did not help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thread Starter simonwells

(@simonwells)

I forgot to mention, I have tested this in both Flock (default), Firfox and IE 7

I get the “edit error” when trying to edit bigger posts.

Try replacing the wp-admin and wp-includes files with the fresh ones.

Hi, having the same problem as Simonwells, at least with these links:
    wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=999#visibility
    wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=999#edit_timestamp
    wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=999#post_status

Did replacing the wp-admin and wp-include files with the fresh ones help you Simonwells? I thought I actually did throw out all the old wp-admin and wp-include files as suggested
    Updated to 2.8.4 and having this problem now
    thnks
    Nathair

Same problem in FireFox 3.5.4 on Windows 7. The links work in IE8, but not in FF or Chrome. Using WP 2.8.5.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.8.1 Edit Post Not Functioning’ is closed to new replies.