• Resolved John Sundberg

(@bhwebworks)

Stephen,

I’ve been using the Template option in the Events list widget on many of my websites, and updating to 2.8.1 seems to have broken that feature.

I switched over to using the widget-event-list.php template (modified) in my theme directory, but I thought you’d want to know about the broken widget.

John

https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-organiser/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Stephen Harris

(@stephenharris)

Thanks, I’ll release 2.8.2 shortly to address this.

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I currently use the widget-event-list.php template in my theme and I am also having an issue with the Events list widget in 2.8.1. After update, it was showing all events (including past) despite setting the widget to 5 events and only current events. I updated the widget to “show past events” then updated again to turn that off again and it is now working properly. Is this the same issue, and will you be releasing it today by any chance?

Plugin Author Stephen Harris

(@stephenharris)

I shall (shortly). Not sure if it will address the issue you had. If it were just a problem in the logic of the widget, then updating the databse shouldn’t resolve thee issue. That suggests its an error in the data in te database – but that wouldn’t ave been touched by recent updates.

But I could be wrong…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.8.1 broke the template function in the Events list widget’ is closed to new replies.