WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.8: WYSIWYG editor not working in Firefox 3.0.1 (34 posts)

1. swyx
    Posted 5 years ago #

sigh. did the delete/reinstall and it worked. was a traumatic experience for me though, cos i deleted wp-content out of sheer noobness, and then o my sheer horror i found that the wordpress-upgrade-plugin-supplied backup folders dont backup wp-content for some weird reason. some files lost but wth.

i know how n00b i sound, but seriously before this i did not have to mess around with wp-admin and wp-includes

wp 2.8 is an improvement over 2.7, but damn the upgrade procedure was a serious, serious setback over previous ones.

2. faruk
    Posted 5 years ago #

I just replaced the includes folder and it fixed everything.

3. Krieger
    Posted 5 years ago #

Nope, I've tried everything above and none of the solutions are working. Updated, manually reupdated (with plugins uninstalled of course), but still no result at all. Luckly, I've been using Windows LIve Writer for a while and fortunatly the plugins are still in order.
    Hopefully, someone will release an update which should fix this annoying bug.
    Too bad I have updated without a former test (local platform or something like that). Thus, I will never do that again :D

4. dharmavir
    Posted 5 years ago #

Here is the solution to it.

http://blogs.digitss.com/wordpress/wordpress-2-8-auto-upgrade-and-problem-with-wysiwyg-editor/

Actually WordPress auto-upgrade just missed out the wp-tinymce.js.gz file under "wp-includes\js\tinymce" and it has caused all the problem.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic