WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.8 upgraded, but Database Upgrade Required.. WTF? (12 posts)

1. sarv007
    Posted 5 years ago #

Holla !!!!
    I have successfully upgraded to WP2.8, but now when i login, it Shows this Page WP Database.
    After Clicking The Upgrade button it redirects me to this page
    And When i browse My blog[techpaparazzi.com] i see a blank screen...
    Tell me what to do?

2. cubecolour
    ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ
    Posted 5 years ago #

Did you press the 'upgrade WordPress database' button?

3. sarv007
    Posted 5 years ago #

yup, After Clicking The Upgrade button it redirects me to this page

4. sarv007
    Posted 5 years ago #

ANy one?? reply ???

5. Elpie
    Posted 5 years ago #

It looks as though you are getting server errors. If you have access to your server logs, have a look at the error logs and see what its reporting. It may be that this is an issue that you will need to ask your host to look into.

6. FWDrew
    Posted 5 years ago #

They'll probably just lock your thread instead of dealing with any issues you are having and trying to help.

7. cubecolour
    ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ
    Posted 5 years ago #

Going to /wp-admin offers to download the upgrade.php file which is weird.

Going to the upgrade.php page by typing it into the browser results in a blank page, but viewing the source indicates (or appears to indicate) that you have WP Super Cache enabled. Not sure whether this is causing the issue, but it could be a suspect - I'd always disable it before upgrading.

Can you ftp to your site and disable the WP Super Cache plugin by temporarily renaming the plugin folder then try to get in again?

FWDrew - if you're not going to try to help, why hijack the thread with unhelpful remarks?

8. figaro
    Posted 5 years ago #

It's always good practice to deactivate all plugins before upgrading. If you can do that through the admin interface, give it a try...if not, see the following to deactivate them through phpMyAdmin.

http://educhalk.org/blog/?p=38

9. sarv007
    Posted 5 years ago #

I used Auto upgrade .....it auto automatically Disabled all the plugins....

I am not able to access the admin page ...... i am only able to see this page...http://i42.tinypic.com/73dtme.png

@numeeja

Can you ftp to your site and disable the WP Super Cache plugin by temporarily renaming the plugin folder then try to get in again?

tried renaming this but nothing goes on ......

10. sarv007
    Posted 5 years ago #

Help me???

11. kmessinger
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 5 years ago #

Gee, if that happened to me I would go to my BACKUP and bring back 2.7.

Then in a couple of days I might try again. You do have a db backup don't you? That is the best course of action for now.

12. joetech
    Posted 4 years ago #

The error logs can be extremely helpful. In my case, I had the following error:

"PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted"

I fixed it by increasing my memory limit (just for wp-admin) in an .htaccess file in [root]/wp-admin like this:

php_value memory_limit 64M

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic