• Instead of only showing THEME templates in admin/editor, it’s also showing PLUGIN templates.

Normally this would be merely annoying but the editor is displaying a PLUGIN category.php instead of the THEME category.php.

The theme category.php does work for site display, but I cannot edit it in the edit screen. I’m concerned there are issues from this I haven’t yet seen.

Anybody else seeing this and have a workaround?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Where some plugins accidentally uploaded into the theme directory?

Thread Starter csleh

(@csleh)

no, but a plugin has a folder in the theme directory. WP is showing those files in the admin screen.

Thread Starter csleh

(@csleh)

This seems to be causing all sorts of issues, the shopping cart that was working now won’t display properly because WP is reading the files inside a nested folder.

Wouldn’t this also affect child themes? Anyone else having a problem with this? Will 2.8.1 fix this issue?

Thread Starter csleh

(@csleh)

Still happens in 2.8.4. I cannot edit category.php because the file also titled category.php inside a folder within the theme folder is the one that shows.

I think it’s generally handy IF plugin authors do not use the same name for their templates as wordpress defaults.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2.8 – plugin templates showing in THEME admin’ is closed to new replies.