WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.8 - plugin templates showing in THEME admin (5 posts)

1. csleh
    Posted 5 years ago #

Instead of only showing THEME templates in admin/editor, it's also showing PLUGIN templates.

Normally this would be merely annoying but the editor is displaying a PLUGIN category.php instead of the THEME category.php.

The theme category.php does work for site display, but I cannot edit it in the edit screen. I'm concerned there are issues from this I haven't yet seen.

Anybody else seeing this and have a workaround?

2. Edward Caissie
    Theme Review Admin
    Posted 5 years ago #

Where some plugins accidentally uploaded into the theme directory?

3. csleh
    Posted 5 years ago #

no, but a plugin has a folder in the theme directory. WP is showing those files in the admin screen.

4. csleh
    Posted 5 years ago #

This seems to be causing all sorts of issues, the shopping cart that was working now won't display properly because WP is reading the files inside a nested folder.

Wouldn't this also affect child themes? Anyone else having a problem with this? Will 2.8.1 fix this issue?

5. csleh
    Posted 4 years ago #

Still happens in 2.8.4. I cannot edit category.php because the file also titled category.php inside a folder within the theme folder is the one that shows.

I think it's generally handy IF plugin authors do not use the same name for their templates as wordpress defaults.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic