• I installed a new version of 2.8 today and everything appeared to be working fine. Then when I tried to “Add a image” to a post, I found out that it was not working with my custom upload directory. I have read lots of posts in regards to this issue and have just discovered a “work around” that worked for me.

TRY THIS…
    If you are using a custom directory to upload your photos in 2.8, there is only one way I found out how to make it work. With a fresh install, in the “Setting/Miscellaneous” under “Store uploads in this folder”, I put “uploads” (instead of the default ‘wp-content/uploads’) and for “Full URL path to files” I put “http://www.mywebsite.com/uploads” then clicked the “Save Changes” button. Then by using a FTP client, I had to CHMOD the Permissions settings for the newly created “uploads” directory to “777” before attempting to upload an new images while adding or updating any posts.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi,

Try to assign 755 recursive permissions to wp-contents folder instead of 777 permissions to uploads folder..

Thanks,

Shane G.

on host,755 permissions are not enough and u may need 777 recursive permissions…

Hi,

777 may cause the problem to your blog and chances of blog hack may be high..so I recommend to 755 only and it should be working..

Thanks,

Shane G.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.8, Add a image, Image Upload, Problem, Work Around’ is closed to new replies.