WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.7.1 will not upload (4 posts)

1. Oscar Stew
    Posted 5 years ago #

I'm upgrading from 2.5 to 2.7.1. I followed steps 1-7 exactly. On step 8 I am supposed to upload all 2.7.1 files to my site (I am using FTP). No files, not even themes, will upload. I even tried to upload the old 2.5 files and nothing happens. I realize this may not be a WP problem, but I'm looking for help wherever I can get it. Thanks!

2. WebDev WaxLotus LLC
    Posted 5 years ago #

Hey Oscar,

Please expand on 'no files will upload'.

The files are actually FTP'd over, the permissions are 0755 for folders and 0644 for files, you clear the browser cache and turn off Turbo/Google Gears/caching plugins etc?

Is this an FTP login issue? Can you make a FTP connection?

3. Oscar Stew
    Posted 5 years ago #

Thank for your reply musnake. From your reply I am already suspect of my ignorance. I can make an FTP connection just fine, but after I deleted all of the files WP specified I simply highlighted all the folders and hit the upload button. I'm guessing now that there's more to it than that. I'm still lost on the permissions thing though. I've successfully uploaded files/folders, and not once has it asked for any permission codes. Is there a specific order to what files/folders I should upload first? Can you say rookie? Thanks in advance to everyone for your help!

4. WebDev WaxLotus LLC
    Posted 5 years ago #

Hey Oscar,

Take a look at this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

You are correct in that if you deleted any files, you need to make sure that you 'put' ALL the new WP2.7.1 files on your server in the right folders!

Remember that the theme files you were using are not included in the core WP2.7.1 zip file you got here! You will need to make sure that the theme files are in the wp-content/themes/ folder...

What condition is your site in? Can you log into the backend or is it broken because of missing files?

What is your URL?

Take a look at this plugin that some folks use... I think it's better to practice the upgrade skills instead of using a plugin...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.