WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.7.1 Update Successful and Fast - On 2 of 3 Blogs (7 posts)

1. Gary_Petersen
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have three weblogs running WordPress from different directories on the same hosted server. Two of the three showed the 2.7.1 upgrade as available. They both automatically updated very quickly and without issue.

The third still shows 2.7 as the current version - it hasn't presented me the opportunity to update, even when clicking Tools - Upgrade. Not sure what might drive the one not "seeing" the update. Once it is available the update process works well.

2. Gary_Petersen
    Posted 5 years ago #

I normally work on the sites using Firefox, by the way. Clearing the cache and restarting Firefox didn't change the behavior at all. Neither did loading the site in Internet Explorer.

3. buzz
    Posted 5 years ago #

Same here - positive experience on 2 (of my 5 blogs) that were offered the upgrade. Maybe tomorrow for the other 3 :)

4. CarpetGuy
    Posted 5 years ago #

Same here, I maintain about 50 sites, all but one showed the upgrade being available, came back after upgrading the others and it showed up, I wonder why it is this way?

5. rbredow
    Posted 5 years ago #

It looks like this hack which worked for me is also working for some others as well:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/242485#post-982280

-Rob

6. Gary_Petersen
    Posted 5 years ago #

My one remaining site showed the update as available this morning. It updated quickly and without issue, just as the other two sites had. Just 12 hours later. Go figure.

7. MichaelH
    Posted 5 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic