WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.7 RC1 - now overlapping sidebar and content (3 posts)

1. Branch
    Posted 5 years ago #

Okay, it's getting there. My content is no longer underneath my sidebar, and that's a big improvement. However, the top-level tabs (but not the sub-menus) are now overlapping the main content.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so see screenshot here.

This is not a dire dealbreaker, but it's still annoying and unsightly, especially on the post/page writing pages. If the sub-menu items can fit nicely, surely the same thing can be done to the top-level ones.

On the bright side, all the other content-fitting issues seem to have been addressed. Almost there.

2. hev
    Posted 5 years ago #

Hey be happy, I don't even have a sidebar or a way to get back to my dashboard other then typing in the direct url.

3. kchayka
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have the same problem, and it's still there in the final 2.7 release. It is a design flaw in the admin template CSS and is a side effect of setting absolute font sizes in px units. It is especially noticeable if you use a "minimum font size" setting in your browser (mine is 17px).

The main content area of the dashboard uses a margin-left:175px. The left column is styled to use a fixed font-size:12px, but if the "wp-has-submenu" class is set it also adds a min-width:10em. That 10em value is dependent on that 12px and anything larger will cause an overflow and overlap into the content area.

I wish WP designers would learn to use relative font sizing!!! There is absolutely no need for these inflexible layouts!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.