• Upgraded to 2.7 this weekend and everything went smoothly except for the fact that I had to reset my password for some reason. Had to do it twice using “Lost Password,” but on the second time I regained access to the admin panel, etc. I then changed my password and verified it was working. This morning I woke up and went to login and could not. I used “Lost Password” again but with no success. What is strange is that it does not say, “Error: Incorrect Password” but instead “Please login again.” Please help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Have you figured this out yet? I’m having the same problem here except I never got logged in to begin with. The reset password is actually working but its not giving me access to the site.

glenn

Ok, not sure why this had anything to do with it but wanted to tell you what I did to fix it. I read on another thread here that the plugin folder might be the problem. I went into the wp-content folder and moved (renamed) the folder to another name and all is good now. I had no plugins installed so not sure why this was an issue but it did fix the problem.

Good luck.

glenn

Thread Starter rpayne

(@rpayne)

Thanks Glenn! Finally got a chance to take a closer look at this. That did work, but what ultimately came down to was some out-of-date plugins I was running. Switched from Sociable to Share This and upgraded to the new Google Sitemap Generator.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 Password and Retrieval Issues’ is closed to new replies.