WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.7 Issues - No Visual Editor & Other Things (14 posts)

1. icoholic
    Posted 5 years ago #

Hey All

Here's everything that appears wrong with my 2.7 install. This is install is 100% from the start. I even erased all database entries.

1) I have no functioning Visual Editor (only html), even though it's highlighted. The "HTML" button isn't active.

2) If I go to my profile and reset the password, I do not get a strength rating.

3) None of the following ever load:
    WordPress Development Blog
    Incoming Links
    Plugins
    Other WordPress News

That's all I can find so far. This is insanely weird.

Thanks
    Craig

2. jaggerkieth
    Posted 5 years ago #

Maybe the problem is on your server, I also have that issue before on other server, esp. That visual editor is not clickable, and only html editor. Try to contact your host.

3. icoholic
    Posted 5 years ago #

I'm beginning to think that's what it is. There's no other explanation. I've even tried MySQL 4.0 and 5.0 databases.

Thanks for the comment.

4. etharooni
    Posted 5 years ago #

Ah! I have the same problem! It was working before, but now it doesn't. It's driving me crazy.

http://etharooni.polorix.net/wordpressbugs.mov

5. morganica
    Posted 5 years ago #

I'm having the same problem as well. Visual editor worked for awhile, the I started a new post and all of a sudden I've got p-tags all over the place and the visual/html tabs don't work.

My hosting service is Dreamhost, if that makes any difference.

Thanks--

--cynthia

6. icoholic
    Posted 5 years ago #

My issue is solved.

At fault? FileZilla. It wasn't uploading the entire directory structures. I updated FileZilla to 3.1.6 and everything is fine now.

Unbelievable... I feel so dumb.

Craig

7. jaggerkieth
    Posted 5 years ago #

My issue is solved.

At fault? FileZilla. It wasn't uploading the entire directory structures. I updated FileZilla to 3.1.6 and everything is fine now.

Unbelievable... I feel so dumb.

Craig

OK, maybe that's the problem.

For the others maybe there is wrong with the files also, try a fresh download of wp 2.7 or if you are upgrading try the wp automatic upgrade plugin.

8. etharooni
    Posted 5 years ago #

FileZilla? Really? I'm using 3.16, but to fix it, should I just reinstall WordPress?

9. jaggerkieth
    Posted 5 years ago #

Yup you should reinstall it with a fresh download of wp 2.7

10. etharooni
    Posted 5 years ago #

Meh. It didn't work. I just installed 2.6

11. cryptidwolf
    Posted 5 years ago #

Mine was solved by changing the file permissions to 755.

12. scottoliphant
    Posted 5 years ago #

I was having the same problem after manual upgrade, uninstalled all the plugs to check for errors there. I solved it my doing an automatic reinstall from the admin, now works like a champ. Something weird must have happened during the unzip

13. finestimaginary
    Posted 5 years ago #

THANKGOD!

Been racking my brains trying to find the problem... and it was filezilla all along!

14. gbonato
    Posted 5 years ago #

Wow! I guess the freaking Filezilla (even the 3.1.6 version) had messed up the first upload attempt. My WordPress 2.7 was working, but the dashboard looked wrong (no new features), and the advanced visual editor didn't work.

What I did? I uploaded again the wp-admin and wp-include folders. I didn't even delete the old folders. I just uploaded again, telling Filezilla to overwrite the files.

Now it works BEAUTIFUL! (And I will consider replacing Filezilla! I don't trust it anymore.)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.