WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.7 Flash Uploader Problem (49 posts)

1. irinazaks
    Posted 5 years ago #

Hi, I have the same problem - clicking on click to upload files in flash uploader does not do anything. I have checked directory /wp-includes/js/swfupload/ and it has only swfupload_f9.swf file, does not have swfupload.swf. I have downloaded WP installation and it does not have swfupload.swf either!! Where can I get this file?
    Please help!!
    thanks, Irina

2. smarttech
    Posted 5 years ago #

Here is the file:

swfupload

Unzip that and upload it to that same directory on your blog and you should be up and running.

3. Samuel Wood (Otto)
    Tech Ninja
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have downloaded WP installation and it does not have swfupload.swf either!! Where can I get this file?

It does exist in the full WP installation. I just checked.

http://wordpress.org/latest.zip

4. Christopher Anderton
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have checked on other servers (including my local one), and i still cannot get the "Select files" to show up. (WP 2.7, Flash 10, Mac OS X 10.5.6).

All files is there. Replaced, checked permissions etc etc.

Something strange is going on. :)

5. irinazaks
    Posted 5 years ago #

Thanks! I have uploaded swfupload.swf, but still could not make uploader work in 2.6 work, so i upgraded to 2.7, and now flash uploader works fine.

thanks, irina

6. mindmapblog
    Posted 5 years ago #

Hello All:

I recently upgraded to 2.7 and I can't seem to get a .swf file uploaded. I tried the suggestions mentioned by others (namely manually uploading the swfupload file- which did get me a "Select Files" button on the Flash Uploader). But I still can't upload my .swf file. It starts then shows its "crunching" then stalls.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I might fix this? Thanks.

7. Rtune
    Posted 5 years ago #

Folks, make sure you're uploading the entire swfupload folder from WordPress 2.7, not just the swfupload.swf file.

8. cmguajardo
    Posted 5 years ago #

Perfect! Just the fix I was looking for. I had the swfupload folder in my site files and it all looked like it was there. I decided to use ftp to overwrite the folder from newly downloaded 2.7 files, cleared cache, restarted browser and it works terrifically now. Very happy camper - thank you!!

I have flash 10.0.12.36 installed.

9. quoindesign
    Posted 5 years ago #

Sorry to bust this topic open again, but I tried the swfupload fix several times and it did not work.

Here's what I did:

1. Uploaded swfupload folder again(yep, all the necessary files were in there, I checked).
    2. Cleared my browser cache
    3. Refreshed the page
    4. Tried to upload again
    5. Still no joy. Anyone? Do I have to go back to Flash 9?
      The page just sits there. Here's a screen shot:

http://quoindesign.com/scrshot.jpg

Thanks!

10. redyouch
    Posted 5 years ago #

I am also experiencing the same problem on two different sites that I administer. I have tried re-uploading the wp-includes and wp-admin directories, to no avail. I have also uninstalled Flash10, installed Flash9, cleared the browser, still no go. Are there any updates to fix this? I could swear it was working when I first setup both sites with WordPress 2.7...

Any ideas???

11. llworldtour
    Posted 5 years ago #

Yay!! I just wanted to thank everyone because i think this is my first issue that was easily resolved thanks to this forum!
    I also had Flash 10 and WP 2.7 and suddenly could not upload pics with Flash.
    I downloaded the Zip file provided above by smarttech and uploaded it to the directory /wp-includes/js/swfupload/ and NOW it works again!
    Thank you guys!
    LL

http://www.llworldtour.com

12. dawnk777
    Posted 5 years ago #

Re-uploading the swfupload folder solved the problem for me! Last time I just used the browser upload. Today, I decided to see if there was a solution. Thanks.

13. yesar92
    Posted 5 years ago #

Works here thanx all especially firy... forgot the name sorry!

14. ID Argyll
    Posted 5 years ago #

Thanks fryewiles, you just mde my life easier.

15. aradams
    Posted 5 years ago #

I can't get the flash uploader to work. I have tried everything I can find and even with a brand-new installation of 2.7.1 it's till buggered. I thought this was fixed?

16. stephenfleming
    Posted 5 years ago #

Glad to see so many people working on this, but the fix isn't working for me. Re-uploaded the '/js/swfuploads' folder from 'latest.zip'. Checked permissions. Cleared cache, Restarted browser. (Two different browsers -- Safari and Firefox 3 for Mac). Nothing works.

Helpful data: Flash uploader DOES work on one of my WordPress 2.7.1 sites, but NOT on the other. Different hosts, both running 2.7.1, one works, one doesn't... so I don't think it's a configuration issue on my Mac.

And I am reasonably certain it worked on the broken site with WP2.7, but broke with the automatic upgrade to 2.7.1.

Any ideas? Thanks!

17. avanderveen
    Posted 5 years ago #

Thanks, worked for me too!

For those of you having problems with this method not working, try deleting the 'swfuploads' folder entirely and then uploading a fresh version. This worked for me, I didn't even have to clear my browser cache.

18. killab
    Posted 5 years ago #

I'm having the same issues with a new install of 2.7.1. With my local copy running under MAMP on my Macbook Pro it works fine. On my server it doesn't work. Is there another server requirement for the flash uploader to function?

19. killab
    Posted 5 years ago #

Forgot to add that I've tried all methods mentioned in this thread without any change. I do have the Flashblock extension active in Firefox 3.0.10, bu in my MAMP install I still get the Flash icon to click on to activate. Nothing in my production LAMP VPS box. Tested in latest version of Safari and same result. My server is running PHP 4.47, MySQL 4.1.22-standard and Apache 1.3.37.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic