WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.7 Flash Uploader Problem (49 posts)

1. orrie
    Posted 5 years ago #

Just upgraded all wordpress versions to 2.7. Unfotunately there's one problem, no flash uploader. Uploading 1 image at a time sucks.

Here's the details:
    + Erased cache and cookies
    + installed flash player 10
    + tried on both safari 3.1.2 and firefox 3.1b2 browsers
    + only allowed browser uploads

Screenshot Below
    http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8075/picture7ja0.png

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. joewhitten
    Posted 5 years ago #

The problem is Flash Player 10, not WordPress. I had the same issue with 2.65. Adobe left out the javascript that does the file uploads and it seems they are not going to repair it. You'll have to go back to version 9 of Flash Player.

3. orrie
    Posted 5 years ago #

I may have had previously the flash player 9 right after the upgrade, since the flash uploader didnt work i thought it was the flash player so i went to 10. so i dont know. my 2.65 was working perfectly.

but thanks joe for responding.

4. smarttech
    Posted 5 years ago #

I just upgraded to 2.7 also and am having the exact same problem. Next to "Choose files to upload" there should be a button to upload files. It is not there. That picture you posted might as well have been from my computer because mine is exactly the same. I still have Flash version 9.0.124.0. Everything worked fine with wordpress 2.6.5 but now I don't get the upload button in IE7 nor Firefox. Please help. Uploading pictures one at a time is just so......old fashioned.

Everything else appears to be fine.

5. rlolson1
    Posted 5 years ago #

The problem is NOT that I have flash player 10. I have Flash Player 9.0.124. Everything was working fine in 2.6.5, but now Flash Uploader isn't working.

Repeat, this problem is with WP, not Flash player.

6. smarttech
    Posted 5 years ago #

According to this blog Ryan Boren from one of the developers, it thanks a lot of people and says thanks to "Austin for the many bug fixes and for getting the flash uploader working with Flash 10."

So, they say it should work with Flash 10. Anyway, hopefully someone will know of a fix soon.

7. jaggerkieth
    Posted 5 years ago #

Im also experiencing this problem. All is fine when Im using wp 2.6.5 but after my upgrade to 2.7 this bug occur. So i dont think this is a problem on flash, instead this is a bug on wp 2.7.

This is a great release of wp developers, but 2.7 i think has so many bug on others,if n0t a bug a problem, so I think this should be fix immediately. But thanks for the developers, 2.7 is really faster than 2.6.5. Hopefully the future releases will be faster.

8. artfusion
    Posted 5 years ago #

My flashuploader is not working neither in IE7, nor FF3
    flash 10.0 r12

edit update:
    i tried on a different machine in FF and IE, and with flash 9.0 r45 and the uploader is not there as well. In IE, there is a blank spot next to 'Choose files to upload' and a right click on it says, Movie not loaded.

9. model4web
    Posted 5 years ago #

Exact same problem for me, everything is working fine except this. I tried on multiple machines with different configurations, but nothing happens.

Hope it can be fixed! Other than that thank you for WP2.7 it is very nice...

10. bill.unger
    Posted 5 years ago #

Same issue here as well....

11. ande1352
    Posted 5 years ago #

same for me here..

12. Samuel Wood (Otto)
    Tech Ninja
    Posted 5 years ago #

In IE, there is a blank spot next to 'Choose files to upload' and a right click on it says, Movie not loaded.

Check the permissions on the swfupload file, make sure that it's set to allow your browser to actually load the flash object.

13. RexFromArs
    Posted 5 years ago #

I am having the same problem as the OP.

I'm currently using Flash 9.0 r47 with Firefox and Flash 10 with IE. In either browser, there's no "Upload" button with the Flash uploader.

14. model4web
    Posted 5 years ago #

Reuploading wp-includes and wp-admin fixed it for me. Hope it can help!

15. fryewiles
    Posted 5 years ago #

I had the same problem, and I was able to fix it by reuploading:

/wp-includes/js/swfupload/

And then clearing my browser cache.

I don't know which step fixed it, I did them at the same time. It might have just be a browser cache issue.

16. orrie
    Posted 5 years ago #

YES! Thanks fryewiles!!!

The solution above^ worked perfectly for me and now i see the "select files" button.

time to blog... http://www.segue-mag.com

17. fryewiles
    Posted 5 years ago #

You're welcome! Glad it worked.

18. RexFromArs
    Posted 5 years ago #

I was going to try fryewiles' solution, and when I opened my site with my FTP client, I noticed that a file called "swfupload.swf" was not in the /wp-includes/js/swfupload/ directory (everything else in that folder was the same on my server, however). I copied only the "swfupload.swf" file to my site, and now everything's aces again!

Thanks, everyone (especially fryewiles).

Jim

19. technabob
    Posted 5 years ago #

Yeah, that fixed it for me too. I upgraded using the automatic upgrade plugin and for some reason this file was missed. A manual upload of "swfupload.swf" fixed it right up.

20. bjprc
    Posted 5 years ago #

reading all the above tips (great tips!), I downloaded the complete 2.7 version and checked on my server. Actually a second file was missing that nobody mentions: swfupload_f9.swf. I also uploaded it. Any comments on this? I also used the Automatic Upgrade plugin, so how is it possible those files were not uploaded?

21. bjprc
    Posted 5 years ago #

happy to report that after uploading the two missing files, it WORKS! I am using MAC OSX and FF 3.0.4. Thanks to all!

22. tekgik
    Posted 5 years ago #

It worked for me too. Thanks fryewiles

23. arickrol
    Posted 5 years ago #

I used the automatic upgrade and it missed swfupload.swf for me too. That fixed the flash problem but it didn't fix the other problem I have. I cannot choose a different size for images. It forces me to choose full size. I cannot change to medium, small, or thumbnail.

Is anyone else experiencing that problem?

BTW, I am on OSX and WP 2.7 is working pretty well all in all.

Now I get to finish my WWI and WWII naval post on my blog the CWF Game Cast.

24. MACscr
    Posted 5 years ago #

I found the issue was mod_security in my case. Still working on tracking down the exact rule.

25. eremiticlife
    Posted 5 years ago #

I don't find that this works. The button is there, but clicking on it does absolutely nothing. It just sits there.

However, I did find that the file mentioned above was missing. I added, cleared cache, etc etc ... still nothing.

This is still 2.6.5. I don't want to even think about upgrading to 2.7 until most of these big bugs are worked out.

Edit: Erp! IE7/FF3 and Vista (if that makes a difference)

26. smarttech
    Posted 5 years ago #

Wow, same issue here. I can see the upload files button, I can upload an image but I can't choose the size. Have you found a fix for that yet?

27. smarttech
    Posted 5 years ago #

I found the issue was mod_security in my case. Still working on tracking down the exact rule.

What was the mod_security a fix for? The original problem or being unable to set the size of the images? And, if it is for the inability to set the size, how do you go about editing or fixing that?

28. Samuel Wood (Otto)
    Tech Ninja
    Posted 5 years ago #

The button is there, but clicking on it does absolutely nothing. It just sits there.
    This is still 2.6.5.

The version of the swfupload in 2.6.5 did not work with Flash 10. 2.7 has the workaround for that.

29. Christopher Anderton
    Posted 5 years ago #

Same here. Reuploaded and checked the browser cache and permissions. Still only a "Select files" button. Using Flash 10. WP 2.7, Firefox 3.0.4 and Safari.

Reinstalled with the latest Flash. No luck.

30. smarttech
    Posted 5 years ago #

Could it have something to do with the size of the image? Perhaps when I tried it out before, it was with a smaller image and therefore, the only size option available was FULL SIZE as it was already close to or smaller than the THUMBNAIL size. I tried it with a little bit larger image and I had the thumbnail and medium and fullsize option availabe but not large. So, it may be working, it just doesn't give you any option if that particular option doesn't make sense.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic