• Can we have an optional rollback of the dashboard/site admin area to the way it was prior to the 2.7 version?

This new look makes me cringe! O_o

While it certainly may improve some things, I’d much rather have the old look back.

It should be fairly easy to give us a choice of what to use, no? Similar to themes, this could easily be made a choice for people who like the old one more.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You’d have to revert back to 2.6.x to do that. Most people like the new menus.

Give it a chance for a few days.

I like the new menus, but I have to teach all my contributors how does the new dashboard work now!

Thread Starter makitk

(@makitk)

Well, I don’t like it.
    A. it slows me down.
    B. I liked the other better.
    C. Why can’t it be optional?

I plain and simply don’t like it.
    But I guess “because a lot of people worked on it and like it” I’ll be largely ignored.

Why can’t it be optional? It seems so simple to me to just have the dashboard stuff be a theme as well.
    And when I go back to 2.6.x I’ll keep getting that “upgrade now” message which can’t be turned off. (Or I haven’t figured out how yet)

I just want the 2.7 security updates and the like with the 2.6 look and feel. Is that too much to ask?

you people are just new to the whole 2.7 look and are too fussy!

u will get used to the 2.7 just as you got used wen u started using the first versions of wordpress.

Thread Starter makitk

(@makitk)

You don’t understand, dream3r, that it’s not about getting used to. It’s about choice.

Proprietary software is based on “you will buy our products and get used to it if you don’t like what we did to it”. Open Source Software is about having a choice.

here the story goes again, this is the same exact thing people said when 2.5 admin layout was out.
    Give it time and remember this is even a free product.

Wanna go back to old one ? Fine, upload your old db backup and files.

My eyes move faster from LEFT TO RIGHT than from

Up and Down

Please bring back old menu

I don’t like it because we don’t have access to most of what we had access to before. I think they really jumped the gun on this upgrade. One of my moderators is still looking for the polls, among all of the other items I complained about in another thread. We would love to be able to manage OUR site. We can’t.

Thread Starter makitk

(@makitk)

Skratman is right.
    No matter how the software is made, in the end it’s a software package in order to allow people to run their blog website the way they want.
    This should extend into the admin controls as well as the forefront.

This update without alternative present to switch back to the 2.6 layout or even install an admin theme, shows that the WordPress developers, how good their intentions may be, are expecting 100% of their userbase to like it or choke on their issues with it.

Here’s a novel idea, which I will repeat as long as it’s necessary:
    – Use themes for the admin controls as well as the forefront.
    – Add the 2.6 layout as a theme so people can customize.
    – Add the admin controls to the admin theme editor. Either in the already existing theme editor or a seperate admin theme editor.

But I guess “because a lot of people worked on it and like it” I’ll be largely ignored.

Where were you in all of the 2.7 testing? There was a HUGE amount of feedback on the new admin – nearly all positive. That’s how it works. Wanna’ say? Participate. After all, it is free software and we/you have a say in the final product if we participate.

Samboll, did all that feedback include everyone wanting our choices taken away on our admin screens? No options to manage plugins? No theme editor? No way to change polls? No way to handle the bulk of your site?
    I doubt it.

I did not see any feedback on anything. If I had, and it had given me that information, I would not have performed the upgrade.

All those things still exist, I am not sure why you think they have been taken away.

Manage plugins is in “Plugins” -> Installed.
    Themed editor is in “Appearance” -> Editor.

I am not sure what you mean by changing Polls.

what are you talking about? that stuff is all still there

I did not see any feedback on anything. If I had, and it had given me that information, I would not have performed the upgrade.

you actually have to participate to receive and give feedback.

Thread Starter makitk

(@makitk)

I did a 2.6.5 rollback and am not updating.
    samboll, you’re an ass. You act like an ass and to have someone as you be a moderator for this place says a lot about the wordpress team.

Good day, I’m out.

I apologize for being an ass.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 Dashboard/Site admin possible to get old menu style back?’ is closed to new replies.