WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.7 Dashboard Buttons Dead (9 posts)

1. genuwine4532
    Posted 5 years ago #

In the new version of "Add Post" Editor, the last three buttons of the editor are not active, ABC, kitchen sink etc...

See screenshot: http://getinternetmarketingstrategies.com/2.7.JPG

Thank you for any help!

2. Chris_K
    Posted 5 years ago #

That link goes to a 404 page.

Have you tried recopying the 2.7 install files?
    Disabled plugins? (especially any editor related plugins)
    Cleared your browser cache?

3. genuwine4532
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have recopied the files, I am actually scared to do that since other problems are manifesting with the new version, it's really not good. Cleared cache, I have no editor plug-ins. Not sure why 404.

At this point I would like to UNinstall the upgrade and go back to previous version, would you know how to do that?

I do have auto back up and have the previous files, but I am not sure how to restore those.

Thanks

4. genuwine4532
    Posted 5 years ago #

sorry meant to say have NOT recopied files

5. Chris_K
    Posted 5 years ago #

That would be the first place to start.
    If you aren't corrupting the files (like using binary FTP) you certainly can't break things. Remember: Your content is in the database, it isn't affected by simply recopying files.

Just be sure to have a safe copy of your wp-config.php before you start.

6. genuwine4532
    Posted 5 years ago #

Okay, how do you recopy the files just run the auto upgrade plug-in again? Or do I have to do it manually?

7. Chris_K
    Posted 5 years ago #

what upgrade plug-in are you using? Since it didn't seem to do a great job I'd say go manually this time. It really isn't that tough to do :-)

Perhaps over simplified, but:

• Get the download package from here.
    • Unzip 'em on your local machine.
    • FTP 'em to your host.

Details at Upgrading_WordPress

8. genuwine4532
    Posted 5 years ago #

I am using WordPress Automatic Upgrade by Keith Desouza, always worked well in the past have always used it.

Now, I do not use FTP, I usually just add files and extract directly from my cpanel in hosting, if I upload them there will it automatically overwrite the current files?

9. genuwine4532
    Posted 5 years ago #

I just recopied all the files and those buttons still don't work, I noticed that others are having problems as well with buttons and the dashboard interface as well

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic