• Resolved wordpressnoob2009

(@wordpressnoob2009)

Hi, guys, I have something of a problem. I have a couple of sites, and I’ve been able to upgrade to the initial 2.7 Beta 1 without any problems on any of them. From there, I’ve used the new built-in upgrade function, and downloaded/installed the most recent nightly builds. I’ve noticed that before I used the built-in upgrade, not all the functions come with the 2.7 Beta 1 upgrade, like Screen Options, etc. But as soon as I download and upgrade using the latest built via the built-in upgrade function, it’s all there.

Well that’s the problem. On one of my sites, I’m unable to use the built-in upgrade function. For whatever reason, maybe it’s my server, so I’ve manually downloaded the “nightly builds” files and manually uploaded them to replace my existing files. The problem is, this doesn’t seem to work. I’m still not seeing the Screen Options and other, more advance options that have been added to the latest version of Beta that I’m getting with all my other sites.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? When I use the upgrade.php file, it tells me my database has already been upgraded, so that doesn’t work.

Thoughts, anyone?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thread Starter wordpressnoob2009

(@wordpressnoob2009)

Let me add that I’ve upgraded to 2.7 Beta 2 and I’m still not seeing the “Screen Options” tabs…

Hi, just to add onto your thread, I am having the same issue. I have never been able to use the built in upgrade features, and since upgrading to 2.7 Beta 2 I am unable to get the navbar in the admin section :s

I’m add here too ^)

I tried automatic upgrade, but my server has slow connection and I always get:

Upgrade WordPress
    Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip

Download failed.: Operation timed out after 30 seconds with 221760 out of 1819177 bytes received

Installation Failed

Version: 2.7-beta2-9559

I’m add here too ^)

I tried automatic upgrade, but my server has slow connection and I always get:

Upgrade WordPress
    Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip

Download failed.: Operation timed out after 30 seconds with 221760 out of 1819177 bytes received

Installation Failed

Version: 2.7-beta2-9559

Mine just doesn’t accept my FTP settings, not sure why, but oh well. Doing a manual upgrade is not difficult anyway.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

Try using SSL instead of regular FTP.

Thanks, but I had already tried that (tried it again as well) and it failed 🙁

Thread Starter wordpressnoob2009

(@wordpressnoob2009)

The problem is, I’ve tried to do this manually, and I’m still not getting all the options like “Screen Options”, etc.

Moderator Samuel Wood (Otto)

(@otto42)

WordPress.org Admin

The problem is, I’ve tried to do this manually, and I’m still not getting all the options like “Screen Options”, etc.

Then you are either a) not uploading all the files to your site, or b) you have the permissions on the files set wrong when you upload them manually. Files should get 644, directories should get 755. This applies to all files except for the specific case of the wp-content/uploads directory.

(@wordpressnoob2009)

Hi, Otto. I’ve done that. I’m uploading every single file and I’ve set all permissions correctly as indicated above, and still no “Screen Options”.

(@wordpressnoob2009)

Hi. Is there any way to solve this, guys? has anyone manage to get their upgrade to update correctly by doing it manually after having problems with it? what did you do to solve it?

(@wordpressnoob2009)

Just wanted to add, I upgraded to the latest nightly build, and everything’s working now!

Core and plugins auto-upgrade work fine now at slow connection. But I should to change timeout in function download_url() at wp-admin/includes/file.php to higher value. And after each update – change it again.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 Beta Upgrade: Doesn’t Seem to be Working’ is closed to new replies.