WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.7 Beta: No Add Media Option in New Post? (8 posts)

1. wordpressnoob2009
    Posted 5 years ago #

Concerning the 2.7 Beta that was just released a few days ago. I notice that there isn't an "Add Media" button in the "Add New Post" write window. I know there is the "Add Media" in the left sidebar, but clicking that takes you OUT of the Add New Post window. I don't even get how you are supposed to add media directly to your posts. Am I missing something here? God I feel stupid.

2. Samuel Wood (Otto)
    Tech Ninja
    Posted 5 years ago #

Look at the buttons on the top left of the write window. Just to the right of the word "Upload". The Media buttons didn't change, they just switched sides. :)

3. OperaManiac
    Posted 5 years ago #

yeah they are on left. the feature works as well as it did in 2.6 for me in 2.7 nightlies.

4. wordpressnoob2009
    Posted 5 years ago #

Huh, that's weird! When I first upgraded the blog, I didn't see it, but now it's shown up, along with the "Upload" media options above the format bar. Thanks, looks good!

5. OperaManiac
    Posted 5 years ago #

heh. must be a cache problem. it must be picking elements from the previous template cache.

6. Jen Mylo
    Key Master
    Posted 5 years ago #

Media uploading will be the same in 2.7 as it was in 2.6, with a media management overhaul planned as the focus of 2.8.

7. kugelblitz
    Posted 5 years ago #

Have the same issue. I looked at the top left but I still can't see it.

Regards
    Kugelblitz

8. kugelblitz
    Posted 5 years ago #

deaktivate the Simple Tags 1.6.4 Plugin solves the problem

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.