WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.6 Upgrade Puzzler: Themes first worked...but are no longer working (3 posts)

1. Steve Borsch
    Posted 6 years ago #

We upgraded to 2.6 and everything worked fine for three days until last evening. Then I logged on to the site and saw all textual content and links but no template...and the wp-admin "Design" area shows no templates nor do they come up in the preview.

+ Deactivated all plugins. Nothing.

+ Cleared all caches. Nothing.

+ Removed any traces of "WP Super Cache", including those in wp-config.php. Nothing.

So now we're going to downgrade to 2.5.1 which I do NOT want to do so thought I'd ask you all first. Any ideas?

2. Steve Borsch
    Posted 6 years ago #

Solved.

+ Tried deleting database tables of stuff no longer being used as well as using pre-upgrade database backup re-install. Didn't work.

So I tried this...

+ A colleague had used the command line Subversion process to upgrade the site which was probably OK...but I decided to FTP in, delete all files (first saving wp-content stuff and wp-config.php, of course) and leaving the database as-is with the re-install.

It worked. All is good now in WordPress town.

The lesson? There are WAY too many frickin' variables involved in a WordPress install and it's not for the faint-of-heart. I'm also going to create a redundant instance for testing purposes that gets upgraded first before my production site from now on.

3. Steve Borsch
    Posted 6 years ago #

Oops....

After deleting all files...I RE-INSTALLED WORDPRESS.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags