WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.6 to 2.8 - Will theme work ? (4 posts)

1. jashsayani
    Posted 4 years ago #

Hi,

I have a Tech blog (JashSayani.com) where I blog about software related stuff. It's also a place for people to download some small applications I develop. I have been using WordPress 2.6 with tons of plugins, right from Lightbox to Admin panel theme.

I want to know, If I upgrade to WordPress 2.8 (Latest release), will my theme work (iBlog) ? and my Admin panel skin (Leopard Admin).

Let me know. Thanks.

2. @mercime
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 4 years ago #

Your theme is by Pagelines - Feel free to contact them.

3. jashsayani
    Posted 4 years ago #

I could do that in the beginning. I jusy wanted to know weather themes are generally compatible with 2.8 or there is a structure change.

Secondly, do v2.6 Admin panel themes work with 2.8 ??

4. @mercime
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 4 years ago #

Generally, themes are compatible. One of new features in 2.7 onwards is threaded comments.

As for admin interface theme - compare the features of 2.6 vs 2.7 which have major changes - http://wordpress.tv/2009/01/08/wordpress-27-coltrane/

Thing is, you can contact your Site Theme and Admin Theme authors about compatibility and/or activate the Leopard Admin theme and check if it works in the 2.8 install. I would add, backup database and files/uploads, then disable all plugins and change to default theme before upgrading to 2.84a.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic