• I LOVE the improvements, and I’m a loyal WordPress blogger (www.jimblog.net), but…

WordPress 2.6 randomly logs me out during the process of writing new posts/pages, or updating them. It bumps me to the login page and says “WordPress needs you to login again,” or to that effect.

Any wisdom from the users?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maybe a shot in the dark – are you sure someone hasn’t hacked your site and isn’t logging in simultaneously while you’re on?

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies just in case there’s somthing icky hanging around that’s interfering?

Thread Starter jimmiles

(@jimmiles)

kulpreetsingh, I don’t know how to be perfectly sure of that; I have a pretty big, diverse site. But I am the only one who uses it, and who knows my password.

Thread Starter jimmiles

(@jimmiles)

Hanni,
    That was one of the first things I tried. It doesn’t make a difference.

I am having the same problem. Any one have a solution?

When you say randomly does it vary from time to time?

Is it after say 25 minutes?

It probablly isn’t WP that is causing this but your hosting server is likely configured to have it’s SESSION expire aftr X number of minutes of inactivity. Shared hosts often make this number smaller than the default because in theory it creates a slightly more secure system at the expense of web applicaiton users like yourself who might be writting a long blog and not refresh the page to kick start a new session.

There is little you can do, except ask your hosting company to bump up the default session expiry time and maybe run a malware scan on your browser to ensure no junk is clearing your cookies.

No this has nothing to do with the host it happens to me too in the blog I just upgraded, and the one I upgraded some time ago. It actually keeps requiring me to sign in every time I go to my blog main page from the administration area. Was not happening before upgrade.

mattifesto

(@mattifesto)

Me too, it’s driving me crazy. And it only seems to happen on one of my blogs all hosted through the same account.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2.6 Keeps logging me out’ is closed to new replies.