WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.6 deleted all my WordPress Stats!! (24 posts)

1. heiseheise
    Posted 5 years ago #

Can someone please tell me if I did something wrong here? I've had the official wordpress stats plugin installed since January, and I've loved it. I'm kind of OCD so I enjoy getting detailed info. But I just installed WordPress 2.6 last night, dutifully disabling all my plugins like it told me to...I then reactivated everything, checked the stats...and it had reset me! Everything was at zero!

I realize this may seem kind of petty and it doesn't actually harm anything...but why did this happen? Did I do something wrong? Have other people had this problem?

2. bioipr
    Posted 5 years ago #

me tooooo!
    I did the same like you and wnna my stats data back....:(

3. maltaannon
    Posted 5 years ago #

I can't even get it to run again. After entering API key I get an error.
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/189234

4. g10r3
    Posted 5 years ago #

On my dashboard the stats seems to be resetted, but if i go to the full stats i see a switch menĂ¹ in the upper right corner. In the menĂ¹ appears 2 times the name of my blog. The first one shows the "old" stats, while the second one shows the stats after the update. There's a way to "merge" them?

5. tsimmons
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have the exact same problem ... a dupe of my site, with old stats in one and new stats in the new one. Andy, anyway to merge them?

6. siutouamy
    Posted 5 years ago #

Yeah, same thing here. Lost all the stats info (most visited posts, etc), and I don't even get the names of the posts anymore. Only for the newest posts that were done on 2.6
    *sigh*

Does it need a fix?? or is it something that will get fix as the days pass?

7. heiseheise
    Posted 5 years ago #

g10r3-

thanks for pointing out the switch up there. I already had a couple sites in there, so i hadn't bothered to look in there but yep, sure enough...a duplicate heiseheise.com...same as everyone though, i wonder if there's some way to merge them...

if anyone finds away, please post it here :)

8. g10r3
    Posted 5 years ago #

i've tried to contact the creator of the plugin at wordpress.com, but i can't post on their forum, but i don't have a blog on wp.com, so they redicet here on wp.org
    , so i don't really know how to contact them...

9. siutouamy
    Posted 5 years ago #

Actually, I went through all my posts (tedious if you've got a lot, of course) and re-saved them once again, and all the stats and names came back.
    Hope that helps the people with little number of posts~~

10. g10r3
    Posted 5 years ago #

I've tried your method, but it dosen't work for my blog :(

Anyone as any news?

11. Haris Nadeem
    Posted 5 years ago #

Does anyone know how to fix this? I still haven't upgraded and am waiting for this issue to get resolved.

12. Andy Skelton
    Posted 5 years ago #

What happened: your blog re-registered at WordPress.com with something different about it (maybe the path?), causing the duplicate entry to be added to your WordPress.com account.

That is only a guess because none of you have provided your blog URL, which I need in order to find your records in the database.

You may fix it by deleting your stats options:

DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'stats_options'

and then installing and activating the newest version of Stats. In 1.3 I added an option to let you associate your blog with a pre-existing record in the WordPress.com database.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable editing a serialized PHP array you can manually correct the blog_id in your stats_options. The correct blog_id can be found in the URL of the global dashboard page where you view your stats.

13. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 5 years ago #

I installed a new theme which I like and don't want to change. But my WPStats doesn't work with it. I'm not sure which part of code I should delete and how to find it, but is it not possible just to delete the plugin from my plugins directory and install it again?

That would be the easiest I think.

14. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 5 years ago #

BTW, my blog url is: http://raapil.dk/

15. seeringspianocafe
    Posted 5 years ago #

I am having the same problem. No records of visits show up at all. API key installed correctly. I can log in via admin - just no record of visits.

16. Haris Nadeem
    Posted 5 years ago #

Is this bug fixed in WP 2.6.1?

17. winsonyeung
    Posted 5 years ago #

I having the same problem too
    Is it because of the theme ?

18. basgras
    Posted 5 years ago #

@MoNSt3r

Not really. There's a way to merge now, but now I have 3 different options in the menu :-(

See here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/197316

19. gsakala9753
    Posted 5 years ago #

From Andy
    What happened: your blog re-registered at WordPress.com with something different about it (maybe the path?), causing the duplicate entry to be added to your WordPress.com account.

That is only a guess because none of you have provided your blog URL, which I need in order to find your records in the database.

You may fix it by deleting your stats options:

DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'stats_options'

and then installing and activating the newest version of Stats. In 1.3 I added an option to let you associate your blog with a pre-existing record in the WordPress.com database.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable editing a serialized PHP array you can manually correct the blog_id in your stats_options. The correct blog_id can be found in the URL of the global dashboard page where you view your stats.

@Andy
    I deleted a wordpress.com blog digitalhomes.wordpress.com and I also removed access to my self hosted blog http://www.ranchocordovapost.com and I also removed stats from citylif.com.

Now my self hosted blog will not associate with it's original stats for http://www.ranchocordovapost.com. I've tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin and adding back the API key from my wordpress.com account. When asked to enter api key and replace an existing blog I only have the option for http://www.ranchocordovapost.com and when I select that I get stats for citylif.com.

Where can I fix this?

20. worldview
    Posted 5 years ago #

Andy said

I added an option to let you associate your blog with a pre-existing record in the WordPress.com database.

I think I saw this briefly on one of my blogs after updating to wp27. But now can't find it as I am trying to combine stats from

http://halfwaytoconcord.com (on host)

with

http://www.worldviewpr.com/h2c/ (bluehost)

on same API

but cannot find the right way to snap my wand to reveal that little "combine" dialog box.

what is the path to access that option, please?

21. gsakala9753
    Posted 5 years ago #

@worldview

If you deactivate the wp stats plugin and reactivate it should ask for your api key and them offer you the option to combine or start new

22. cannolo
    Posted 5 years ago #

I've tried the deactivation-reactivation trick. It offers two options: replace or add. So far, I've only added. I'm afraid that replacing means deleting records. Is that so?

Again, how can I COMBINE?

23. Andy Skelton
    Posted 5 years ago #

COMBINE is not available. That would mean summarizing two blogs into one and we don't offer that.

REPLACE is what you want, cannolo. It doesn't delete anything. It just makes your current blog replace the old one as the owner of the records.

24. cannolo
    Posted 5 years ago #

Tried "replace." I have new stats in one view, and old stats in a second view. How disappointing. This wouldn't matter so much if there were some way to export the old data.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic