WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.5.1. Visual and HTML editor options not working (14 posts)

1. justablobby
    Posted 6 years ago #

Hello, I upgraded to 2.5.1. only to discover that I am unable to post! Yes that is right. Genius isn't it?

Anyway, all sarcasm aside, please can someone tell me why the visual/html editor options do not work in 2.5.1.? I click on "Write" to write a new post. I can enter any text I want into the post box, but that is all. When clicking on the visual editor button, or the html editor button, neither of these options execute, and I cannot format my posts at all.

Thanks

2. pnair123
    Posted 6 years ago #

same thing happens with me too..Any help will be appreciated.

3. Report-Gisol.com
    Posted 6 years ago #

Same here.

4. DougNeidermeyer
    Posted 6 years ago #

I have the same problem.

5. tibonihoo
    Posted 6 years ago #

I have the same problem too

6. RoseCitySister
    Posted 6 years ago #

It sounds like you have it turned off in your profile - make sure the box "Use the visual editor when writing" is checked in Personal Options.

7. tibonihoo
    Posted 6 years ago #

It's definitely turned on in my profile. (First thing I've checked actually)

8. haobam
    Posted 6 years ago #

I can only see the HTML options when I turn off "Use the visual editor when writing". Any help???

9. bearhawk903
    Posted 6 years ago #

Same problem here. I don't even have the "Use the visual editor when writing" option in Personal Options.

Any thoughts?

10. websoft
    Posted 6 years ago #

edit /wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php find the line that says 'compress' => true and change to 'compress' => false. It will be right.

11. tibonihoo
    Posted 6 years ago #

The "compress => false" did not work on my wp installation nor did the 2.6 update.

But installing TinyMCE Advanced plugin did solve the problem (after adding one or two buttons to the toolbar), I can write again :) Joy !

12. daweb
    Posted 6 years ago #

I'd change compress => to false and it works fine for me.

Thank you!

13. hfo
    Posted 6 years ago #

Thank you for the info. It worked for me.

14. techpavan
    Posted 5 years ago #

Here is the quick and easy solution to help you in fixing the problem. This also enhances your rich text editor... Check out:

http://www.techpavan.com/2008/04/25/fix-rich-text-editor-problem-in-wordpress/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic