WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.5.1 Upgrade: All Categories (Write Post Page) (10 posts)

1. Ron Zvagelsky
    Posted 5 years ago #

Just upgraded to version 2.5.1 (from 2.5) and I am unable to see a list of categories when I write a new post or edit a draft.

Clicking on "Most Used" does display a list of most used categories, but when "All Categories" is selected, nothing is displayed.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Ron Zvagelsky
    Posted 5 years ago #

Bump...any help on this one?

3. hideon
    Posted 5 years ago #

I'm experiencing the same problem after upgrading to version 2.5.1 now. On the 'manage categories' page everything seems to be ok but when I want to write a new post or edit a draft I have to same issue as rzvagelsky describes... Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this?

4. Ron Zvagelsky
    Posted 5 years ago #

Did you by chance have any modification done to your classes.php file? I hacked it so that I could get empty category pages (with a custom template for that category) to show up instead of getting a 404 error.

When I upgraded to 2.5.1 (from 2.5), I didn't update the classes.php and that was the culprit. I applied the hack to the new classes.php file, uploaded it, and voila!

5. Scarabus
    Posted 5 years ago #

With 2.5, I suddenly lost the ability to upload images. However, I could still upload them via FTP and then link to them. With 2.5.1, however, I can neither upload images nor link to them after they've been manually uploaded.

Qualification: I can use the built-in upload function, and the images show up in the gallery. But I can't get them to show up in posted messages.

In short, I'm moving backward! Anyone have a clue how I can get back to where I was before things started going backwards?

6. chitta
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have the problem mentioned by rzvagelsky in
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/172115?replies=5#post-744424

I.e., I am unable to see a list of categories when I write a new post or edit a draft. Clicking on "Most Used" does display a list of most used categories, but when "All Categories" is selected, nothing is displayed.

Would appreciate any suggestion

==

In addition, I have problems in the display of the categories in
    my blog. See http://orissagrowth.org

In sidebar.php I have a statement

<?php wp_list_cats('sort_column=name&optioncount=0&hierarchical=1'); ?>

When I have hierarchical=0 it shows what I ave now but when I have hierarchical=1 it does not show the categories at all.

7. chitta
    Posted 5 years ago #

Followin up on my earlier post, the Advanced options (that I can see when I post in my other blog) do not appear. I.e., the following is missing.

=============================================

Advanced Options
    + Excerpt

Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content. You can use them in your template
    + Trackbacks

Send trackbacks to:
    (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

Trackbacks are a way to notify legacy blog systems that you’ve linked to them. If you link other WordPress blogs they’ll be notified automatically using pingbacks, no other action necessary.
    + Custom Fields
    Key Value Action

Add a new custom field:
    Key Value
    or

Custom fields can be used to add extra metadata to a post that you can use in your theme.
    + Comments & Pings

Allow Comments

Allow Pings

These settings apply to this post only. “Pings” are trackbacks and pingbacks.
    + Password Protect This Post

Setting a password will require people who visit your blog to enter the above password to view this post and its comments.
    + Post Slug
    + Post Author

8. pschena
    Posted 5 years ago #

@rzvagelsky

I had the same problem after the 2.5.1 upgrade.
    Reading through comments, I noticed the mention of a modified classes.php file.

I had modified mine to keep a current_page_item Selector working. (see link)
    I restored to the original classes.php file and the categories returned in the post page.

My problem is I need both functionalities!
    Want to select categories, and also keep my current_page_item Selector.
    Any clues from anyone?

9. justmichael
    Posted 5 years ago #

Try scrolling down, I found the categories list down below, rather than on the right hand side.

10. Ron Zvagelsky
    Posted 5 years ago #

I simply applied the same changes from the previous version to the new classes.php file (2.5.1), uploaded it, and voila!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.