WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2.5 Widget Error (9 posts)

1. joelreed
    Posted 6 years ago #

I have uploaded the new version of WordPress 2.5 to my server and it is great, but one problem I am having is in the Widget section under design.

I can add widgets to my sidebar no problem, but when it comes to things like RSS feeds for example, when I click the 'edit' function in the top right hand corner of the blue bars under 'current widgets' to say input the url of the rss, the edit function pops-up, expands and appears but only a quarter of the box is shown, it only shows the far right hand side of the edit box, not the left and so I can't click the update button, however when I drag the box it is shown whole, any ideas??????

2. muceto
    Posted 6 years ago #

Same problem, but even when i drag the box OK i see it whole, but with the "drop" it places again where it was and again i see only the "far right side"..
    here is a simillar topic http://wordpress.org/support/topic/164637?replies=3

3. muceto
    Posted 6 years ago #

Oh come on, some one tell what is going on and how shall we fix that. In that condition, the widget admin page is unusable :((

4. muceto
    Posted 6 years ago #

Ok, I just discovered that the problem occurs only with IE 6 I tried it in IE 7 and Firefox, there`s no problem.

5. joelreed
    Posted 6 years ago #

Durrrr, why didn't I check Firefox, cheers mate.

6. SzantoPeti
    Posted 6 years ago #

Hi,

I cant even run Widget Pane. When i click on widget, i get this message:

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in X:\Hosting\IDesign\pez\wp-admin\widgets.php on line 21
    PHP Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in X:\Hosting\IDesign\pez\wp-admin\widgets.php on line 21

HELP PLS!!!!

7. aparachitt
    Posted 6 years ago #

Click Below Link To Solve Yours IMAGE UPLOADING
    Problem IN WORDPRESS 2.5
    There YOU FIND USEFUL INFOMATION ON
    HOW TO REMOVE THT FATAL ERROR !!!

http://vevin.com/wordpress/wordpress-25-image-uploading-problem/

8. SzantoPeti
    Posted 6 years ago #

That does not solve my problem...

9. hakre
    Posted 6 years ago #

@SzantoPeti: Your Error looks like you did not fully deleted wp-admin and wp-includes (after backup) befure you copied the new files to the server. Please check wordpress codex documentation about a proper way to ugrade your wordpress version.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic