WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.5 to 2.5.1 default theme looks identical ??? (6 posts)

1. singing
    Posted 6 years ago #

I have extensively modified my (Kubrick 1.6) default theme in 2.5 and do not want to overwrite and re-edit all these files when upgrading to 2.5.1 When comparing each file size, there appears to be no change to the Kubrick Version 1.6 theme. Does anyone see a problem here with keeping these modified files, and not reeditiing the changes into the new ones as instructed in the detailed upgrade instructions. My luck would have it that there is a subtle but critical change that would not affect file size.

As a side note, I'm curious what 2.5.1 fixes as it was so close to 2.5
    I assume it is something serious and not just cosmetic or a new feature. Considering the close dates, I am afraid not to upgrade.

2. Samuel B
    Posted 6 years ago #

I would advise upgrading as 2.5.1 has some security fixes.

3. singing
    Posted 6 years ago #

Yes that was my plan, to upgrade, however my question actually was.....

Does anyone see a problem here with keeping these modified files, and not reeditiing the changes into the new ones as instructed in the detailed upgrade instructions??????

When comparing each file size, there appears to be no change to the Kubrick Version 1.6 theme between 2.5 and 2.5.1, after all both shown as ver 1.6 within the CSS file. If they are identical, it will save me much time and chance of error by not uploading over the modified files and then having to re-edit them back.

4. jom
    Posted 6 years ago #

As far as I can say from the trac changes in the WordPress Trac, the last Revision affecting the default theme before 2.5.1 was Rev 7553. Version 2.5 was tagged in Rev #7567. If I am right (not that familiar with SVN repositories, I just know a few basics), the default themes in 2.5 and 2.5.1 are identical.

I hope, this answers your question.

5. whooami
    Posted 6 years ago #

the easiest thing to look at is the datestamp in the zip :)

6. wpnety
    Posted 6 years ago #

Yes, I would advise upgrading as 2.5.1 has some security fixes.
    i agree.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.