• emile

(@emile13)

hello
    i have a problem with the 2.5 version

i have configured the permalinks like this : /%postname%/

and it doesn’t work i have a 404 error for all the page in my menu

it was working on older version of wordpress

could you help me?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Thread Starter emile

(@emile13)

anyone can help me?

rhodz

(@rhodz)

i got this error with 2.5 after updating permalinks..

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@lagahit.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

anyone can share tips on how to retrieve my site.. right now i can’t access it already

kdewalt

(@kdewalt)

I also have a permalinks problem with Wordpess 2.5.

Rather than explain it I created a screen capture at http://tinyurl.com/5le2mw

Yahoo is my hosting provider and they simply told me they haven’t tested 2.5.

drawgas

(@drawgas)

I have problems with permalinks too.
    After I upgraded to 2.5 Photopress permalinks stoped working. Nothing helps. I’ve tried to update permalink structure over and over again. Anybody got same problems?

knotmyline

(@knotmyline)

I have a Page only site with no posts and mine is all fouled up too. I even switched to a different static page as the main page and deleted the old page I had used. Now, new sub-pages are given the permalink of the original (deleted) page. What is worse, I am prevented from editing the incorrect content of the peralink. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? Yuck! Is it time to retreat from 2.5? Shades of Vista – I left that and went back to XP.

mchuge

(@mchuge)

I had the same problem too but it fixed itself when I changed permalinks back to the default setting. I would say this is either a bug in WordPress 2.5 or the themes we’re using.

ackilles

(@ackilles)

Same problem here where the default links work but using custom permalinks gives a 500 error. *sigh* This bug is a BIGGY and now I’ve gotta restore my site to an earlier version and NEVER trust doing an update without researching it again πŸ™

blogpire

(@blogpire)

Would a theme make it so PAGES become POSTS? All of our PAGES are now POSTS – we have about 5 and the permalinks redirect to the POSTS that were pages.

http://www.zerohourmktg.com

We can also not PUBLISH a new page. We can save it as a draft – but that’s it. Also – we get blank page.php when we even save a draft. Then when we refresh the PAGES interface – the draft is saved.

Roy

(@gangleri)

Using only %postname%
    If you use postname as the only element in your permalinks to create a structure such as example.com/post-title, the rewrite rules may make it impossible to access pages such as your stylesheet (which has a similar format) or the /wp-admin/ folder [is this true in WordPress 2.0+ versions?]. It’s best to include some numeric data (e.g. the post ID or date) in the permalink to prevent this from happening. Additionally, WordPress v1.2.x requires the use of a date structure in order for some features, such as the calendar, to function properly. /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ is always a good start.

Codex.

blogpire

(@blogpire)

We are using /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

So I’m not sure if this is the issue. But this is what happened:

1. 3 Days ago our PAGES became POSTS
    2. We then checked the database and the PAGES are POSTS not PAGES
    3. We then upgraded – and the PERMALINKS Updated the PAGE URLS to point to POSTS because I think it’s just a feature of the rewrite
    4. Now we can no longer POST PAGES or POST POSTS
    5. we are on 2.5 – and before a few days ago had over a year of smooth sailing.

vtsnow

(@vtsnow)

We’re using /index.php/%category%/%postname%/ and are having the same permalink problems with pages. I hope this bug gets fixed soon.

lysernix

(@lysernix)

Yes… we are having the same problem. I’ll keep checking back here for updates… please help…

My permalinks aren’t working either after upgrade to 2.5.1. I am also using: /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/
    for my permalinks. Permalinks to pages are hosed — especially pages that are children of another page. Permalinks to posts work OK.

On a new install of 2.5.1 (only plugin running is No Flash Uploader, to get media uploader to work!) am getting a Bad Request error when trying to set the permalinks option

/index.php/%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%/

Don’t ever get to the “if your .htaccess file was writable…” message. So placed one at root (didn’t help)

Hosting provider says mod_rewrite is on.

Am using FireFox 3 beta on Mac OS X 10.4.11. Hosting server has MySQL 4.1.12 and phpMyAdmin 2.8.2.4

Hoping some help is out there…

Oh, and host is running PHP version 4.3.9…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 permalinks problem’ is closed to new replies.