WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.5 lost format in admin (12 posts)

1. scitec
    Posted 6 years ago #

I upgrade to 2.5 correctly.

But when i login to admin the site, the login screen and all the admin panel lost format and i see with no format (i think must be CSS problem)

I can see this:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4021/dibujoqt5.png

help !!!

2. MichaelH
    Posted 6 years ago #

Log out, clear your browser cache. If that doesn't solve the problem I'd first consider deleting the WordPress files and reuploading as per Steps 7 and 8 in Upgrading_WordPress_Extended.

3. HylianScribe
    Posted 6 years ago #

I'm sorry to be a pain but do you have any other advice (or anyone else of course)? I've seen a number of topics on this subject and they all seem to suggest it's a cache problem. I've cleared my cache several times and re-uploaded 2.5 via FTP repeatedly now (with plugins deactivated). Always the site works fine user-end (I run the ComicPress 2.1 theme) but the dashboard and login are all completely format-less.

4. MichaelH
    Posted 6 years ago #

And if you change to the WordPress Default 1.6 theme, what happens after your clear your browser cache?

5. HylianScribe
    Posted 6 years ago #

I'm afraid there's still no change.

6. haochi
    Posted 6 years ago #

It seems that you have some security setting for your /admin/css directory that requires permission to access the (files in the) directory. You might want to change that.

7. HylianScribe
    Posted 6 years ago #

That sounds really plausible, but I changed all the permissions to 0755 (and 0777 too) and it didn't work. Is there any other way to change security settings, or any other possibilities?

8. haochi
    Posted 6 years ago #

@HylianScribe
    Sorry, I wasn't replying to your message, but to scitec. Do you mind posting your blog's address (or add it to your profile).

9. BlocoDaBarra
    Posted 6 years ago #

I had the same problem and any of the tips tou guys gave work work for me:(

10. scitec
    Posted 6 years ago #

haochi my admin/css have 755 permission.

tomorrow i try the MichaelH sujestion, deleting old files first and stoping plugins, but i don't thing that is the problem.

11. HylianScribe
    Posted 6 years ago #

Alright, I've "fixed" my problem--by re-installing. I decided to experiment by installing a fresh version of 2.3 into a subdirectory and then upgrading that. Everything worked perfectly so I made a WP-Export of my real blog (having already backed up my modified theme files) and then deleted it, re-installed it, applied the upgrade, and finally installed my custom-theme afterward and imported the blog. Short of re-applying my settings (permalinks and all that jazz) and making new widgets (I had copied them out of the page-source), everything was perfect.

Thank you very much haochi and MichaelH for your very patient and helpful suggestions, and I hope scitec and BlocoDaBarra are able to fix their issues as well.

12. scitec
    Posted 6 years ago #

ok, i deleted old files, (all exception wp-content), upload news, go to /wp-admin/upgrade.php and i can see dashboard perfectly!!

Thank you very much.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic