• kippm99

(@kippm99)

I have not been able to upload any images since installing 2.5. I get an HTTP ERROR and the the message ‘To try again later’ in the ‘crunching section of the upload window.

What have I done wrong or need to do? I had NO problems uploading with any of the earlier versions of WP.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I saw a suggestion somewhere to upgrade Bad Behavior, I did this and it worked! Images uploading with no problem and didn’t have to install the no-flash plugin!

Cheers! πŸ™‚

I know this sounds obvious, but make sure that the file you are uploading does not exceed your upload size, I had a limit of 300KB and it just threw an HTTP Error without any verbiage about file size.

I changed it and it works great now

Thank you so much tronicscribe. I have tried every fix I could find over the last 3 days and none would work. I was having to use Flikr to host my pics and link to them in my blog which was a right pain.
    I just tried the no flash uploader and it worked!!!
    I am so relieved as I thought I was going to have to reinstall the old version of wordpress.

Thanks a lot.

The flash uploader is really nice. Here is the solution I tried, and which solved all my problems:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/183297

Bad behavior didn’t work but no uploader did. It’s seamless on my sites; they both work. Server is midphase.
    Boy what a frustrating ride. I’ll think twice before upgrading again.

e-bony is right,
    I just add
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

on .htaccess after #END WordPress code, and It solved the upload problems.. my server at Hostgator too

I have a crazy making problem – I am getting an http error message when I try to upload an image…and here is the rub, of the three people who have access to the dashboard of my self hosted wordpress.org site, I am the only one who cannot successfully upload an image…by the way, I can upload images on my wordpress.com site…any one know what to do?

I have this problem with IE7 but Firefox is fine?

Thanks, It doesn’t work with either browser for me…

How is it that other users, working on the same dashboard of my http://losangelesestateliquidation.com/ site can use the image uploader and I can’t?

It seem like a computer setting problem or a browser problem and not a wp code problem…

Anyone out there no what to do about this.

I have cleared my cache several times…and reinstalled flash…nothing seems to work.

Thanks

I’ve tried everything listed on this page. I’ve altered the .htaccess file and I’ve tried installing the no-flash-uploader, without success (for some reason it’s not appearing in the plugins editor in the admin panel and I can’t work out why). I haven’t installed Bad Behaviour – I read somewhere else this might cause more problems. I’ve also tried this, but it didn’t work.

I’m now out of my depth and really stumped. Please help – I can’t upload any images to my site.

I had two errors :
    1. Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2038: File I/O Error.
    2. http error

Tried everything up there, but only this worked for me.
    I added those lines to the main .htaccess file (in the root folder of the wp installation), after the # END WordPress line :

SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks grostoryeu, this works great for me!

I have the Error 2044 error when uploading with nextGen. I am also using Hostgator. Did anyone using Hostgator get a solution to this problem? I have tried the mod_security code in the .htaccess file, but that did not work.

I got my Error 2044 solved with Gatorhost…..

My SyAdm said, “It is not Flash related, it is a common problem for this wp image upload gallery script on servers running mod_security version 1.”

He had to reconfigure mod_security is some way. The second thing I had to do was to have this in my .htaccess file:

SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off

It would be good if the nextGen folks could sort this out while the plugin is attempting to be installed. I wasted alot of time troubleshooting the problem.

But at least you could troubleshoot it – thank you. Now I can be relaxed, I thought. I added your code in the .htaccess and talked to my webhosting provider. But they couldn’t change anything they said. Cheap hosting -.- I hate it.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 HTTP error when uploading Images from my computer’ is closed to new replies.